• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mtwoodson

May 7, 2011
    Western Eastern Shore
    Moved here from Arizona, where the 2nd Amendment rules. I'm used to taking a backpack full of pistols and/or a couple of rifles to a gunshow, wandering around and selling or trading them to other attendees or folks with tables. With my CCW I could buy a weapon and walk away without filling out a DOJ check. I'm guessing that's not the case here in Maryland. Somebody please burst my bubble and tell me how it works here. Thanks

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Moved here from Arizona, where the 2nd Amendment rules. I'm used to taking a backpack full of pistols and/or a couple of rifles to a gunshow, wandering around and selling or trading them to other attendees or folks with tables. I'm guessing that ain't the case here in Maryland. Somebody please burst my bubble and tell me how it works here. Thanks

Well, that won't work here.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Carrying a rifle with a "for sale" sign is fine at most gun shows. Pistols and revolvers are considered regulated firearms by MD law and thus.... well, you better find an agreement with a dealer at the show for the transfer beforehand.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Is there paperwork required for non-regulated private party sales?

No. I would just ask if they are legally allowed to own a firearm, if you are the seller. You don't want them using the "gun-show loophole" on you when you're not looking.;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is nothing specifically prohibiting private individual from renting a table. However it would be waving a neon sign to be charged as "engaging in bussiness as firearm dealer w/o lic". . If you have entreprenurial urges , stick with nonregulated accesories or related equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom