• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Another approach is to put the Md flag in the upper left and smaller like the Union and use a white based Gadsden in the prime position. Like the colonial flag that had the Union jack in that position.

This is a direct reference to the colonial period. And avoids any issues of the civil war....

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Good Golly Miss Dolly.

Can we get off the whole "Pro-2A + Civil War Flag = Gun-Toting White People" thing.

Not-So-Merry-Landers are too busy watching dances with the stars to even notice it anyway.

It's a really neat flag with a lot of hard, thoughtful work invested in it.

I want one on a black coffee mug.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    This is why I like the distress flag mock up. I am a proud MD'er, but I am not proud of MD as it stands. Hence, distress. No one that we want to get it will get it, but they will not get any of it anyway so what does it matter.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Good Golly Miss Dolly.

Can we get off the whole "Pro-2A + Civil War Flag = Gun-Toting White People" thing.

Not-So-Merry-Landers are too busy watching dances with the stars to even notice it anyway.

It's a really neat flag with a lot of hard, thoughtful work invested in it.

I want one on a black coffee mug.

Fine no one is stopping you. When this gets national press, and thats the whole point, it would be better if we did not hand our adversaries red meat for the lions.

Or you could waste valuable time explaining what you meant.

We will not be treated fairly. Get used to it.

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    Time To Make A Vocal Stand

Brooklyn, I understand where you're coming from and understand your concerns with having too strong of a message. Your being political, and that I understand because that is typically what we have to do in order to make the changes we want.

But we tried the political route. We rallied thousands and brought more support against a bill than ever in the history of Maryland. We flooded our politicians with hundreds of thousands of emails, voicemails and letters. But we were ignored. Rationality was ignored. Common sense was ignored.

IT'S TIME TO TAKE A STAND! It's time to let our politicians know that our voice will be heard whether they like it or not. The time for politics and appeasement is over. The time to talk quietly and hide our views and distaste for the way this state is being run is over. Now is the time to come out of the shadows and let everyone know that you are a PATRIOT and not a peasant.

If we can get every Marylander who is tired of being taxed, tired of their constitutional rights being stripped away and tired of their voice not being heard to have one of these stickers on their car, then we can make change happen.

The time has come to choose whether you will declare to the world and be vocal to stand up for your rights or to be quiet and and watch those rights dissolve.

I for one am ready to take a stand and do what I can to let others know that I will not take it anymore.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You go SOMDHoya.

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!

Yesterday I place my order for 2,000 "VOTE SENATOR BROCHIN OUT IN 2014" business cards.

White, Black, and Orange.

With DETAILED instructions on how to switch parties and VOTE in the 2014 primaries.

I even included a very famous Obama line from a very famous 2012 campaign speech.

I'm sure all will remember it.

I'm a white, angry, middle-aged, heterosexual, gun-toting, REPUBLICAN (soon to be democrat) and NAVY VETERAN and my voice will be heard.

I will be picking-up my new orange t-shirt on Friday and it will read:

PRO - GUN
    DEMOCRAT

Gun owners unite!!!

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    Working on the site right now and it should be up an running tonight to purchase, hopefully. Have sample in the mail already for the decals and magnets. Lead time will be about two weeks from today.

As for the flags, anyone who has expressed interest in them, I will be private messaging you to determine what you would like to pay for cost vs quality. The range for 3' x 5' flags will be between $90 to $190 but I can only carry one. So if everyone is willing to pay $195 for a high quality double sided flag that will last them years, then that's the route I'll go.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brooklyn, I understand where you're coming from and understand your concerns with having too strong of a message. Your being political, and that I understand because that is typically what we have to do in order to make the changes we want.

But we tried the political route. We rallied thousands and brought more support against a bill than ever in the history of Maryland. We flooded our politicians with hundreds of thousands of emails, voicemails and letters. But we were ignored. Rationality was ignored. Common sense was ignored.

IT'S TIME TO TAKE A STAND! It's time to let our politicians know that our voice will be heard whether they like it or not. The time for politics and appeasement is over. The time to talk quietly and hide our views and distaste for the way this state is being run is over. Now is the time to come out of the shadows and let everyone know that you are a PATRIOT and not a peasant.

If we can get every Marylander who is tired of being taxed, tired of their constitutional rights being stripped away and tired of their voice not being heard to have one of these stickers on their car, then we can make change happen.

The time has come to choose whether you will declare to the world and be vocal to stand up for your rights or to be quiet and and watch those rights dissolve.

I for one am ready to take a stand and do what I can to let others know that I will not take it anymore.

This is not the issue. The right message will go viral, the wrong one will hurt the cause.

I have no problem with protest. I also know that a positive message like freedom is better than a negative one.

Nothing wrong with what you are doing. But how will it be perceived? How will it be spun?

Now as I said most of the media will miss it. Anyway.

Most America have been miseducated about history and the civil war in particular... so if you use those symbols you should expect to be misunderstood.

That said its your project ...maybe it will be different this time....

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think I'm going to spend some of my own money and print out 500 of these bumper stickers. Then I'll send 5 to each gun shop in Maryland for free and tell them to give them away. Then when they run out, if they want more, the can pay a little bit over cost to get more and probably sell them for a $1 or $2. This way I'm donating some of my money to spread the word and if they're popular enough then I can still get them to people that want them and for a low cost.

For individuals, since I have web developing experience, I'll create a little online shop where you can order some.

Anybody think it's worth doing the Crossland Flag version of this? Worth getting a flag or two made?

Side note, I really don't want to make money off of any of this, I want to spread the message!

I don't believe in pasting bumper stickers all over my rear bumper. But, I'll probably buy one and put it in the rear window! :D

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I don't believe in pasting bumper stickers all over my rear bumper. But, I'll probably buy one and put it in the rear window! :D

This is what I do: I buy sheets of magnetic vinyl at Michael's or AC Moore. A 12x24 sheet is about $8. You can cut it with scissors. Paste bumper stickers or decals to the magnet sheet, cut out, and stick to your car.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is what I do: I buy sheets of magnetic vinyl at Michael's or AC Moore. A 12x24 sheet is about $8. You can cut it with scissors. Paste bumper stickers or decals to the magnet sheet, cut out, and stick to your car.

And, this current debate over the design is interesting, and historic in its own right. One-time furniture upholsterer, Betsy Ross, and those of her time, had all sorts of proposed designs that were debated and woven by hand for consideration. Long before photoshop! lol

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Working on the site right now and it should be up an running tonight to purchase, hopefully. Have sample in the mail already for the decals and magnets. Lead time will be about two weeks from today.

As for the flags, anyone who has expressed interest in them, I will be private messaging you to determine what you would like to pay for cost vs quality. The range for 3' x 5' flags will be between $90 to $190 but I can only carry one. So if everyone is willing to pay $195 for a high quality double sided flag that will last them years, then that's the route I'll go.

Please PM me, I am interested. Definitely for stickers, magnets and velcro morale patches (if you have them made of course).

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Magnets my ass. I want good ole' fashion glue. This flag is so cool, someone will pull it off and steel it. Get it? Steel and not steal. Get it? Steel and magnet. Some rather clever folks on this forum. Except Brooklyn. He keeps pissing on our pro-gun parade.

Gun owners unite!!!

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    This is not the issue. The right message will go viral, the wrong one will hurt the cause.

Word.

Here's my latest and probably final version of a Maryland Blue Crab Gadsden flag:

MDcrabflagsm2.jpg

The larger version is at http://www.gunsafetymd.org/MDcrabflag2.jpg

Of note, the flag and Molon Labe are from Wikimedia Commons; I found the crab online and nearly completely redrew it pixel by pixel. Moreover, I am not planning on selling anything (no stickers or flags from me), so it falls under the Fair Use doctrine for non-profit political commentary.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Magnets my ass. I want good ole' fashion glue. This flag is so cool, someone will pull it off and steel it. Get it? Steel and not steal. Get it? Steel and magnet. Some rather clever folks on this forum. Except Brooklyn. He keeps pissing on our pro-gun parade.

Gun owners unite!!!

I have a lot of respect for your passion, but again, this "history not hate" nonsense has nothing to do with my Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Moreover, I believe that SB 281 is a violation of the 14th Amendment. My family were planters in AAC and fought in the Army of Northern Virginia. I'm not anti -southern, I'm anti - diluting our message. (BTW, all historians are armchair historians. It's an armchair profession.)

Brooklyn has been very respectful and is trying to give you some mature advice. Maybe you should zip it back up and give him a listen.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Bolts is making reference to a CSA flag. I happen to think it's needlessly inflammatory, as well as being counter-intuitive considering the racist origins of gun control. But you go ahead and enjoy your unicorn contest, bud.

No you're being obtuse. I'm making reference to historic reactions to tyrannical power grabs that happened in Maryland. The fact it happened to be the CSA is minor.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    most folks have no clue what the crossland flag represents, so i really dont think it dillutes or distracts from our message at all, and aesthetically it actually looks better imo.

as for the crab gadsden, i think it looks better with a drawn crab, to me the point is to make it look like a crab version of the gadsden, which is rather known for its crudely drawn rattlesnake.

to me, when someone sees a bluecrab ready to fight on a yellow field with "dont tread on me" in big black letters underneath, there is no mistaking its meaning or the fact it represents MD without having to say MD anywhere on it.

i might try my hand at it myself if i get the time, though i only have a rudimentary grasp of photoshop.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    i like the crossland one, and i think its very fitting, in many ways MD is occupied by the federal government, the location of DC is what has dominated our state politics.

so in that sense i think the crossland flag really represents well the situation our state is in, just like in the civil war, whatever your thoughts on the war or slavery or whatever, our state was occupied, our states chosen representatives imprisoned etc.

You win a kewpie doll for actually getting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom