• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    still waiting on a 4/21

If you haven't received a true response yet, I would resend the app. Considering it's taking 60 days, you are better offer applying a 2nd time even if they have your first app. Don't expect an accurate response from TFC Thompson. No offense to her, but I wouldn't wait.

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    If you haven't received a true response yet, I would resend the app. Considering it's taking 60 days, you are better offer applying a 2nd time even if they have your first app. Don't expect an accurate response from TFC Thompson. No offense to her, but I wouldn't wait.

Its not unheard of for them to take 60 days+. I just got an email confirming approval at about 55 days and a letter had been sent. It can take weeks for the letter to arrive after the initial signing and dating. I have still not received the letter yet for 4/23

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I wrote this to Trooper Thompson this morning in reply to her canned response to my initial inquiry about DC paperwork:

Thank you for your response, Trooper Thompson.

It's been 7 weeks since I mailed my notarized affidavit (mailed on May
    8). Can you confirm that you have it and that it's being processed? My
    info is:

Name:
    Date of birth:
    Last 4 digits of SSN:

She responded:

No, due to high volume, it is not feasible for me to confirm receipt of an application. I date them as I receive them and I am currently working on May 8th today. When processed you will be notified by mail.
    Thank you

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Mailed 4/25
    Advised by TFC Thompson email "I will be processing your app today" 6/19
    Approved 6/24
    Received 6/26 :party29:
    Elapsed time = 63 calendar days :tdown:

jwhite407

Always Packing
    Jan 31, 2013
    Lower Eastern Shore
    Got my approval today as a designated collector. Just over a month for this response. I sent the application in right after I picked up my last handgun (5/23 from a Feb app on that).

Navyblue

May 30, 2013
    Calvert
    Congratulations! I sent my DC request in on June 6. Question, do you get a letter or a card you can put in your wallet for proof as a DC?? Thanks
    Steve

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    Congratulations! I sent my DC request in on June 6. Question, do you get a letter or a card you can put in your wallet for proof as a DC?? Thanks
    Steve

They send you a letter. Most places shouldn't ask for it unless it's to meet an on time release criteria. It's just a check box on the 77r. MSP can then verify against their database when the form is processed.

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    They send you a letter. Most places shouldn't ask for it unless it's to meet an on time release criteria. It's just a check box on the 77r. MSP can then verify against their database when the form is processed.
    I threw mine in the safe when I got it, no telling when someone will actually ask for a copy.
    Plus, someone posted last week that they called MSP for another copy, and MSP didn't have them in their system as a DC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom