Maryland Assault Weapon Ban 2010Proposal Just Introduced (EDIT: Bill Withdrawn)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I just printed out a bunch of MSI's brochures. Now I'm taking them to the range (North American Rod and Gun, Hagerstown).

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it."
    - Daniel Webster

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    I just printed out a bunch of MSI's brochures. Now I'm taking them to the range (North American Rod and Gun, Hagerstown).

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it."
    - Daniel Webster

I will print and make a bunch of copies and will take to the gun stores around my area.

runnning deer

Jan 26, 2008
    easternshore
    These are the same clowns that wanted to give convicted drug dealers their second amendment rights back to them several years ago. It is clear what side these Elected Officials are on . Its not Lawbiding Citizens but the criminals.We need not only to defeat this bill but Vote these clowns out of Office.The Democrats have had a strangle hold on this State for over forty years . We need to Vote Them out. If you really think about ,if someone buys a regulated firearms from a store. The regulated firearm is already registered with the State Police Data Base .So why Register your firearm? Well maybe is it because they want to pull the same stunt as califorinia did back in the nineties. After everyone complied with california law, people were told a couple months later either turn in your firearm or leave the state.Or Maybe its because of anticipation of our President signing on to the UN's Small arms ban treaty back in october 2009. To take away our firearms forever!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    And a hell of a response that was. Nice.

damned right, i emailed susan krebs right back saying she's a friend and if she ever needs any help with a campaign or needs support i'd be willing to volunteer and spread the word.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    We can't let up on Miller though. The more flak he gets for allowing Frosh to remain as chair of the Judiciary the more pissed off at him he will become and be less likely to put him back in the seat next year.
    HB517+MDS_s.JPG

:D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    got a response from stone...
    Senator Stone OPPOSES Senate Bill 516. Thank you for your email on this important issue, JoAnne, Legislative Assistant

janoss

Oct 1, 2009
    Reilly, Edward-- Senator. opposes the bill.
    Ted Sophocleus--Delegate. opposes the bill.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    received another response:

February 4, 2010

I received your email regarding Senate Bill 516 - the Assault Weapons Ban Bill and I appreciate your input on this issue. I feel this bill is an infringement on the rights of legal gun owners and therefore, should SB 516 come before me, I will vote against it.

Thank you for contacting me. Please let me know if I can be of help to you on any other issue.

Sincerely,

Ed

Maryland State Senator

Maryland District 33

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    nice to see so many people getting a response back ... still waiting on Forehand d17 to get back to me......

Tactical Patriot

Jan 22, 2010
    Question...

I plan to buy my first AR before this month is over, within the next week or two. I don't need to rush to buy it like tomorrow do I?

How long do these bills take to pass? If I don't end up buying my AR for like 3 weeks am I ok?

This AWB is freaking me out.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Question...

I plan to buy my first AR before this month is over, within the next week or two. I don't need to rush to buy it like tomorrow do I?

How long do these bills take to pass? If I don't end up buying my AR for like 3 weeks am I ok?

This AWB is freaking me out.

From the bill's text:

SECTION 2. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this Act shall take effect October 1, 2010.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom