• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    been selling non firearms related items on fakebook Marketplace past 2 months and I'm looking for an Enfield 1853.
    I saw plenty in my budget like 5 years ago and they seem to be harder to find and much more $

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Try the show this weekend in Timonium. I bought an original Remington 1863 rifle musket there a few years ago (2?).

The attendance requirement has been “shelved” essentially. It’s not really being enforced right now other than the first year of membership.

I’ve had some good luck getting new members, but I’ve been surprised by the lack of interest the membership here (on MDShooters) has to joining the club.

SmokeEaterPilot and myself have made a lot of progress though and I think if we had more help we could get more done.

The attendance requirement takes me out.
    Mandatory attendance was the deal breaker for me too.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Dang it. I forgot and not sure I can make it tomorrow. Damn. I was really hoping for a nice no1mk3. I need to see if I can get there. Might have to bring the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just got back from the show “set-up”. Found a mint Bannerman Mosin sporter for a great price and a Swiss M1851 Feldstutzer.

Lots of neat stuff as usual. If you’re looking for a Trapdoor Springfield, Krag-Jorgensen or a double barreled shotgun, you’re going to be happy. There’s hundreds of each there.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Just got back from the show “set-up”. Found a mint Bannerman Mosin sporter for a great price and a Swiss M1851 Feldstutzer.

Lots of neat stuff as usual. If you’re looking for a Trapdoor Springfield, Krag-Jorgensen or a double barreled shotgun, you’re going to be happy. There’s hundreds of each there.
    Define good price if you don't mind. I got one years ago and always figured I'd overpaid

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I was there this evening for setup as well. Scored a beautiful 44US for a steal. If you are into vintage 22 rifles, Garands/carbines, old shotguns or civil war stuff you will be in heaven.

Saw some really rare stuff as usual.

I even touched a Johnson while I was there.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Sweet. I went to that show for the first time back in 1982 when it was still held downwind the armory. It’s like a museum with stuff for sale. I’d love a nice US property marked .22 trainer.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I was there this evening for setup as well. Scored a beautiful 44US for a steal. If you are into vintage 22 rifles, Garands/carbines, old shotguns or civil war stuff you will be in heaven.

Saw some really rare stuff as usual.

I even touched a Johnson while I was there.
    Did they give you a piece of candy?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Lots of cars in parking lots of people. Line for lunch was so long, I just got a lemonade and finished my walk.
    Did not see an Enfield 53 that I liked or spoke to me then almost done with walking show and saw this Martini Henry.
    Spoke enough to the seller about reloading for it and purchased some formed empty cases from him as well.
    IMG_9449.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom