• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    PM me, if you are interested, and I will send you some info on joining my club. We are having a fun carnival type rimfire shoot coming up Sept 15th. that would be a perfect time to come on out and join. The range badge is half price($75) until the end of the year!

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Will try to decide what I'm going to do in the next few days...

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I don't think its attitude, I think its a bit unrealistic to think no one is going to show up at a gun range club with loud guns. Special events, and the like okay, but getting pissed off because someone is shooting a loud rifle next to ones 22 plinker on a regular day sounds a bit unreasonable to me.

The biggest problem is the muzzle blast. The muzzle brake on one of those things directs the blast back at an angle to reduce felt recoil for the shooter. Problem is that the blast is also being directed toward those next to you. Heat, shock wave and small particles at high velocity coming at you is not fun.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The biggest problem is the muzzle blast. The muzzle brake on one of those things directs the blast back at an angle to reduce felt recoil for the shooter. Problem is that the blast is also being directed toward those next to you. Heat, shock wave and small particles at high velocity coming at you is not fun.

It's all part of the ambience. That and being showered with hot brass.

Shooting is a discipline. It's supposed to hurt.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/stoicism/

Last edited:

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I went to the monthly Monumental R&P meeting at Marriottsville today so I could join. Great group. Nice range tour. Haven't been there for 30 years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

I agree, but I don't have an answer to that besides the person it's bothering to find another hobby for the day, or whatever. :confused:

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    the one thing that bugs the shit out of me is the slightly elevated shooting position for the 100 yard range, which forces you to use a 100' tall target if you want to shoot standing at 25yds.

That and they need to allow holster draw and put in a "shoot and move" area.

People who bitch about large caliber muzzle blast and mag dumping need to change their tampons.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    cantonglocker People who bitch about large caliber muzzle blast and mag dumping need to change their tampons.[/QUOTE said:
    :thumbsup: i love the place but i finally had a whiner a few benches over last thursday. i was shooting the muzzle loader and every time i shot you could gear him say multiple times ( i hate muzzle loaders) and cry about how it stinks. Ya just cant please everyone

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... i finally had a whiner a few benches over last thursday. i was shooting the muzzle loader and every time i shot you could gear him say multiple times ( i hate muzzle loaders) and cry about how it stinks. Ya just cant please everyone

Perhaps we should make a special Hurt Feelings Report just for gun ranges.

Reasons for Hurt Feelings:

1) That gun is too noisy.

2) Brass is coming my way.

3) That gun is too smelly.

4) That gun is scary looking.

5) That gun makes gun owners look bad.

6) That gun is too old fashioned.

7) That gun is too modern.

8) That gun is too cheap.

9) That gun is too expensive (I can't afford it).

10 That gun is too accurate (makes me look bad).

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    :thumbsup: i was shooting the muzzle loader and every time i shot you could gear him say multiple times ( i hate muzzle loaders) and cry about how it stinks.

A gun is A gun period!

We all need to stand together for all our gun rights!

Evil black rifles, dirty stinky muzzle loaders, noisy machine gunners, those young punks with more ammo them brains spraying lead and brass all over the place, that GD BMG shooter just blew my stuff off my table, and I saved the best one for last, What the hell do you need that for?

SHOOTERS we need to stop this in fighting and come together to protect our gun rights.

vented!
    Thanks for listening

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Perhaps we should make a special Hurt Feelings Report just for gun ranges.

Reasons for Hurt Feelings:

1) That gun is too noisy.

2) Brass is coming my way.

3) That gun is too smelly.

4) That gun is scary looking.

5) That gun makes gun owners look bad.

6) That gun is too old fashioned.

7) That gun is too modern.

8) That gun is too cheap.

9) That gun is too expensive (I can't afford it).

10 That gun is too accurate (makes me look bad).

It seems noisy guns are a problem. Maybe a cone of silence over the shooter with the noisy gun is the answer.

Attachments

• cone-of-silence.jpg
      cone-of-silence.jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 138

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    When i go to the range i expect to see all kinds of guns ranging from a (quiet) .22 to the loudest .50BMG. I dont mind being hit by other shooters brass. If nearly all the tables are full am i not supposed to shoot because someone might cry about being pelted by the occasional spent shell or bitch about how bad my muzzleloader smells. Get off your high horse and deal with it. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN at some point on a trip to the range. Just deal with it and enjoy your shoot.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    It seems noisy guns are a problem. Maybe a cone of silence over the shooter with the noisy gun is the answer.

The other outdoor gun range in the area uses the "cone of silence over the shooter" and it doesn't work

A better idea is suppressors on every firearm

I would love to see those guns from the 1800's with modern suppressors on them.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The other outdoor gun range in the area uses the "cone of silence over the shooter" and it doesn't work

A better idea is suppressors on every firearm

I would love to see those guns from the 1800's with modern suppressors on them.

I would love to see some of the 1700-1800's barrels being 'threaded'!

tonyw

Feb 8, 2010
    AACo
    I went to the monthly Monumental R&P meeting at Marriottsville today so I could join. Great group. Nice range tour. Haven't been there for 30 years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I joined up in this group too. Awesome bunch of people. I can't wait to shoot there. It'll be nice being back outside shooting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I haven't shot there for close to 20 years, but they used to have a Black Powder table set up behind the bench rest. I THOUGHT that black powder was only to be fired from those benches, far to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom