• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Yeah I would definitely prefer the grey laminate. I am thinking of sanding the wood one and use some ebony or dark english stain. just peed that nobody has a thumbhole stock for it. I see on rimfire what guys are doing with 60 stocks and it looks fantastic. But I do not have the milling tools and don't what to scratch and scrape a hole with a Dremel on a newly purchsed stock.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I've put around 600 rounds down range with my Marlin 795 over the past two weekends, and while I was impressed with its accuracy, I just have one thing to say.

I just cannot get over how kid-sized this rifle is. It's just not ergonomic for a full-grown adult. I went straight from the Marlin 795 to my M1 Garand yesterday and my reaction was pretty much along the lines of "Oh glory hallelujah". The M1 Garand just works. The Marlin, I have to bend over a lot and really wiggle it around to get it into a position that's comfortable to shoot with off a bench.

Is there a full size conversion stock for the Marlin? I know it might look a little silly with the same carbine-length barrel and a huge full size stock, but anything to help it out.

I should point out that the smaller size of the Marlin isn't as much of a handicap when doing positions (e.g. Appleseed), but when trying to fire from the bench it can be torturous.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I got an e-mail replay from Boyd's that they are not making any stocks for 795s. On Rimfire Central are a few guys who bought stocks for 60s and modified them for the 795.
    I entered myself on their list for stocks you would buy. The more people do that the better the chance they make a run of stocks for the 795.

Sirex