• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you Going?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Unfortunately, the 19th is a much better day to rally at the capitals.

I fully expect a gun ban to be in effect by the 8th.

But the 8th is the day I see on the FaceBook page that seems to be getting the most attention from the public. I plan on being in Annapolis on 2/8.

I don't foresee any overarching Federal ban coming. The legislative stomach just isn't there (they need to be reelected at some point!).

We could, however, have to beat back some niggling restrictions such as mag limits, online ammo purchases, and changes to NICS.

The big fight, IMO, is going to be locally, where the General Assembly is known for full-forward attacks, and we are then forced to overwhelm them. This session, it may be worse than ever. My fear is there is not enough public awareness to battle back.

I'm not the one heading this rally up but it's the one I've been telling folks about. I first learned about it from the nutnfancy youtube video. The person in charge of the Maryland event on the 19th is:

Ellen M emo_rn@yahoo.com.

She set up a event on Facebook in attempts of getting a head count for the officers.

I agree it's a little short notice. You can learn more details from the facebook event link...

https://www.facebook.com/events/301340709987039/

Here is the flyer she made up. Feel free to print out and post in your local gun shop or email to others you think might be able to come out. If you're bringing a sign... she says no "sticks". I guess they're too dangerous. Assault sticks. Ha!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwz9vqqup0060fj/flyer.jpg

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Hey guys, I know everyone probably already knows this, by Jan 19th across the country people are going to be headed to their state capitals to show we do not support new legislation stripping us of our rights.

I have no transportation that day but feel I need to be there, as well as just want to. I live in Columbia, 21045 near ellicott city, not far out of baltimore if anyone is going and can give me a ride. Please use this thread to post offers of rides or the need for one if you're willing to go.

This is NOT a replacement for the feb 6th washington march, I feel we need to go to both and get out and noticed (in a good way) as often and as loudly as possible.

Thanks for reading, PM me please if I can catch a ride to Annapolis on the 19th

Jan 12, 2013
    MD, USA
    Upcoming Events Summary

To sum up, there are a couple different events coming up:

Gun Appreciation Day: Jan 19th: http://gunappreciationday.com

Guns Across America Rally: Jan 19th: http://www.guncontrolmorecrime.com

Peaceful demonstration at the state capitols: Feb 8th: http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872

I have been contacting local gun ranges, stores, and clubs to help get the word out. Can anybody help raise awareness for these things?

Tell your friends, club members, etc!!

Thanks!
    - AttackVelocity

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    To sum up, there are a couple different events coming up:

Gun Appreciation Day: Jan 19th: http://gunappreciationday.com

Guns Across America Rally: Jan 19th: http://www.guncontrolmorecrime.com

Peaceful demonstration at the state capitols: Feb 8th: http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872

I have been contacting local gun ranges, stores, and clubs to help get the word out. Can anybody help raise awareness for these things?

Tell your friends, club members, etc!!

Thanks!
    - AttackVelocity

I'm here to tell you right now that this is all doomed for failure, sadly to say.

There's too much confusion. There's too many conflicting messages. For example, the date that you entered for the forum calendar is in conflict with the information that you are posting here and is contained on the webpages above.

None of the major players already involved in the state are being consulted.

This is next weekend for God's sake and there's still this confusion.

I give more planning to my weekend cookouts than is being put into this.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Exactly. How hard is it to start with checking with groups like MSI and MDS or MSRPA? I know getting responses and groups on your bandwagon can be a pain but putting on a bunch of poorly attended poorly planned events only brings negative attention to our cause. Hopefully at least one of these is salvagable and we can make a real statement.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Exactly. How hard is it to start with checking with groups like MSI and MDS or MSRPA?

It's not even that so much as it is of observing the fundamentals of event planning and I wouldn't put MSRPA into the same category as the other groups anyway.

Who, what, when, why, where and how are the essentials of any event and not only are there conflicting messages on large parts of this, but some of it is missing.

Further, the legislative complex is a ghost town on Saturdays. There won't be anyone there to protest to.

The Feb 8 guy at least says he has permits and, for my part, I think that's the one for folks here to get behind, although the legislative complex is still a ghost town on Fridays for the most part. At least there's a name associated with it.

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    It's not even that so much as it is of observing the fundamentals of event planning and I wouldn't put MSRPA into the same category as the other groups anyway.

Who, what, when, why, where and how are the essentials of any event and not only are there conflicting messages on large parts of this, but some of it is missing.

Further, the legislative complex is a ghost town on Saturdays. There won't be anyone there to protest to.

The Feb 8 guy at least says he has permits and, for my part, I think that's the one for folks here to get behind, although the legislative complex is still a ghost town on Fridays for the most part. At least there's a name associated with it.

Done deal.

Feb 8 it is.

See you there.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I'm here to tell you right now that this is all doomed for failure, sadly to say.

There's too much confusion. There's too many conflicting messages. For example, the date that you entered for the forum calendar is in conflict with the information that you are posting here and is contained on the webpages above.

None of the major players already involved in the state are being consulted.

This is next weekend for God's sake and there's still this confusion.

I give more planning to my weekend cookouts than is being put into this.

Can't disagree...
    :sad20:

The Feb 8 showed the most promise, once the local organizer got steered in the right direction.

At this point, the best we can hope for is that all these miscellaneous attempts for this weekend can happen without any mishaps that damage the cause.

Do not assume Ban won't pass

I respectfully recommend you support whatever you can, both if possible.

January 19th Call to Action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ
    This has been widely reported now on national talk-radio shows, gun blogs, conservative blogs, and even showed up on Fox news. Yes, it also happens to be gun appreciation day, so buy a gun too!

Its a Saturday, I will be there.

February 8th, on a Friday? Is this a liberal trick?
    I have to work. I'm busy erarning a taxable income so it can be taken away to give to liberals, lazy, layabouts, welfare recipients, ows, unemployed, and gun-grabbers.
    Will try to make it. Never even heard about it until I heard it here.

:patriot:

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    The 19th is a Saturday... not the best day to converge on Annapolis. None of "our" lawmakers will be there.

On the 19th you should go to the range, your gun store or the capital. but on the 8th, you HAVE to show up in Annapolis.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Hey guys, I know everyone probably already knows this, by Jan 19th across the country people are going to be headed to their state capitals to show we do not support new legislation stripping us of our rights.

I have no transportation that day but feel I need to be there, as well as just want to. I live in Columbia, 21045 near ellicott city, not far out of baltimore if anyone is going and can give me a ride. Please use this thread to post offers of rides or the need for one if you're willing to go.

This is NOT a replacement for the feb 6th washington march, I feel we need to go to both and get out and noticed (in a good way) as often and as loudly as possible.

Thanks for reading, PM me please if I can catch a ride to Annapolis on the 19th

If the face book page is any indication, there are only about 50 people attending. This is going to be an embarassment.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Nutnfancy has said that Jan 19th is the March on the capitol. He has a video talking about it located here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

James Yeager has also announced it.

It all originated from www.guncontrolmorecrime.com

Please come show your support at our State Capitol January 19th at noon.

Well, if a guy with a YouTube channel says to do it.....

Has anyone pulled a permit for this thing? If not, there's going to be a real problem when people start showing up and are dispersed from the legislative complex.

It will also destroy any chances of a meaningful protest, done properly, later on.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I respectfully recommend you support whatever you can, both if possible.

January 19th Call to Action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ
    This has been widely reported now on national talk-radio shows, gun blogs, conservative blogs, and even showed up on Fox news. Yes, it also happens to be gun appreciation day, so buy a gun too!

Its a Saturday, I will be there.

February 8th, on a Friday? Is this a liberal trick?
    I have to work. I'm busy erarning a taxable income so it can be taken away to give to liberals, lazy, layabouts, welfare recipients, ows, unemployed, and gun-grabbers.
    Will try to make it. Never even heard about it until I heard it here.

:patriot:

No it's not a trick, it's important to rally in Annapolis when there are actually legislators there. Friday is bad enough. It really should be on a Wednesday or Thursday. What would be the point in rallying to an empty building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom