• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    On Sunday, March 10th York will be hosting a "Blasphemous Steel Match". This is our new and improved Steel Challenge like shoot that allows for multi-gun options.

You can use a single gun, either a pistol, shotgun, or pistol caliber carbine, or a combination of them. Allowable calibers include 22lr, or any pistol caliber with a power factor less than 140. Factory 9mm should be fine, but 40s, 45's and 38 supers would have to be loaded down. If you're not sure please ask. We're shooting steel targets very close and don't want to damage the steel or any of us.

There will be 4 stages and you will shoot each of them multiple times. If you are shooting a single gun the minimum round count will be 80. If you're shooting 2 or 3 gun multi-gun you will need 40 for each firearm minimum.

Gear questions answered:
    - Mags? If you're shooting one gun it would be nice to have 4, but you only need 3 for each if you're shooting 2 guns, and you would only need 2 for each if you're shooting 3 guns. They don't have to be high caps. In theory you will only use 5 rounds out of each.
    - Reloads? In theory you will never have to reload while the clock is running. Everything can be done with 5 rounds from each gun (minimum).
    - Shot? 7.5 or 8 please.
    - Holsters? Belts, holsters, mag pouches etc. will be handy but are not mandatory. Everything could come from the tables if you like. Default start positions are low ready. Guns on tables will be loaded and safeties on.
    - Beginners? Yes, this would be a great introduction to action shooting and/or multi-gun.

There will be two time slots: 9:30 am and 12:30 pm. You may only sign up for one slot at this time, but if you want to shoot a second time check back on Thursday and if the match isn't full we'll allow it then.

The entry fee will be $15, and there will be a $5 cash prize option. To be eligible for the cash prizes, which will go deep, you will need to shoot the closest thing we have to Tac Ops: Centerfire iron sighted handgun, iron sighted shotgun, and any pistol caliber or 22lr carbine (either scoped or irons). This is what we expect most people to shoot, although just about anything is possible.

To sign up email us at yorksignup@gmail.com with your name, preferred time slot, and anyone you would like to be squadded with. We don't need to know what gun(s) you will be shooting until Sunday.

Keep an eye on www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com for updates. Particularly as pertains to the weather. There is some possibility of a storm towards the weekend. We will proceed with the match and hope for the best. Check the blog before you leave the house in the morning Sunday if you have any doubt.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Will you be grouping similar weapons with each other? IE. shotguns with shotguns, pistols with pistols? Or are shotguns going to have to try to out-shoot pistols?:D

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Will you be grouping similar weapons with each other? IE. shotguns with shotguns, pistols with pistols? Or are shotguns going to have to try to out-shoot pistols?:D
    I think he means a combo of like weapons or shooting all three types to compete with others shooting all three. That is how they usually groups things.

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    in for 2

Sent an email as well.

My son Ethan and I would like to attend. He is super excited to shoot his new G34 and will be filming as well.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    I really look forward to seeing Ethan's film of this shoot. It should be a great subject for him. It is fast and fired from a fixed locations. He should be able to use a tripod for this one. This is the first time a shoot like this has ever been done and his work will be instrumental in explaining it to future shooters.

Match director Kirk McWilliams will be excited to hear that he will be filming it and putting it on youtube. Ethan's film will be his best recruiting tool for the big match we're having this July.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    When you say iron sight, we have a shotgun that has the steel bead but we have one of those fiber optic beads stuck on the rib in front of it. Does that disqualify?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    When you say iron sight, we have a shotgun that has the steel bead but we have one of those fiber optic beads stuck on the rib in front of it. Does that disqualify?

You'll be good with that, as long as your shotgun doesn't have an optic i.e. Red Dot, Scope etc. will qualify you for the tact optics aspect. Having an optic on your shotgun whether it's magnified or non magnified (will double check the non mag) will put you in an "Open" catagory. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong and I will dig it up out of the rules and post it.

Here are the Rules
    http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.com/forms/3g MATCH RULES Final.pdf

Here is the section for Tac Optics Shotgun

5.3.5 Shotgun
    5.3.5.1 Only tubular magazines are permitted.
    5.3.5.2 Electronic or optical sights are prohibited.
    5.3.5.3 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are prohibited.
    5.3.5.4 Barrel devices designed/intended to reduce recoil or muzzle movement (e.g.
    compensators, barrel porting) are prohibited.
    5.3.5.5 Speed loading devices and/or detachable box magazines are prohibited.
    5.3.5.6 Not more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage,
    unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Thanks to Howard and everyone else that I met at the shoot today. I had a great time and all of you made my first match fun and enjoyable as well as informative.

Joe Mikeska (yeah, the funny last name guy)

P.s. I ended up following someone out with a "Dena" sticker on the back of their F-150. Sorry I didn't meet you there, I came up from the Dena as well.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I had a good time as well. It was my first trip up there and found everyone to be welcoming. Looking forward to seeing the results.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I had a great time at the shoot. Thanks for putting it on and for getting the results posted so quickly......That way I can rib my friends before the memory fades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom