• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Shot a pretty nice odd racked 4pt buck,not exactly huge but was going to be good eatin,Shot him a little high and toward the front,went home,ate supper,come back with my dad to load the deer up,he was laying on the property line next to a bordering farm not quite dead,but on his last leg.After the hour wait Me and my pop return,and deer is gone,blood everywhere he was laying but no trail to follow away from where he was laying?O.K. maybe he made a last push towards the woods 70yds away,I said let's wait to the morning to go and get him.Well I just got back from searching,and low and behold no deer but a well smudged blood trail to a set of pickup tracks on the farm next door :mad54:.I politetly asked the owner of the farm to have a looksy and the contrary ass owner said NO,you have no buisness on my farm,WTF!!!!! now here is my predicament,DNR said if I had no permmision to go on the farm I am SOL,proof or not that somebody done lifted my deer,what and the hell is the matter with people nowadays?I do beleive that I am in need for some revenge,what do you all think.

CHASER

Nov 9, 2007
    Why didnt you just finish it off an load it?
    Finders keepers losers weepers

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    1:shot it with a bow,and DNR has to be there or witness the fininshing off according to the officer I spoke with.
    2:The yahoos crossed a posted property line and TOOK the deer,that's not finding,that is stealing.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    It sucks but it happens. Hopefully the meat will be eaten and not wasted for just a wall hanger or something like that. Sorry to hear about it.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    People go crazy when they see a fresh dead deer. Especially if its near the there border and no one around. What they did was wrong, but I agree you should have finished it off and hauled it away. You carry a knife?

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Definately carry a sharp knife next time. My dad keeps one in his car just in case of a freshly hit deer along the road (he has odd luck like that). Just remember to stay away from the hooves and obviously the antlers. My dad will come up behind them and with one hand and a foot hold the antlers down and quickly cut it's throat (maybe he was a deer hit man in his youth) :rolleyes:

CHASER

Nov 9, 2007
    I have no issue with hunting but why would you let it suffer for a long time. They should let you finnish it with a Knife. Sounds like that rule just gives the greenies more ammo against the hunters.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Don't know the law-just my experience with DNR. My buddy shot a deer and it went onto a property that we knew the owner was hostile to trespassers. We called DNR, an officer met us and we took him to where the deer was shot and followed the blood trail to the property line. He did this to verify the deer was shot on our property. The officer took us in his truck over to the other owners house, INFORMED the owner that he was taking us onto the guys property to track/recover a legally taken deer. He asked the owner if he wanted to accompany us and when he didn't took us to the bloodtrail and followed us to the deer. He let us put it in his truck to get it off of the other property. There was never any asking of the property owner IF we could go on his property- just if he wanted to accompany us. If you should ever run into that situation again (I truly hope not), I would call DNR and have them trace the bloodtrail to the other property and see that it was taken by someone other than you. The officer might be able to at least get a name or description on the person/vehicle. If it was unlawful to take the deer, the officer could make an issue of it and that may force the landowner to 'fess up.
    Sorry about the deer-I've had a couple of mine disappear over the years on public land. The worst was an 11pt that I shot it ran right out onto the road and died (about 100 yards). Nothin' like seeing a pick up pull over and guys grabbing it and rolling out as I was still coming down out of my tree! Lots of people that don't play by the rules...
    I'm not crazy about the revenge thing-cooler minds prevail and all.....
    Go shoot an even bigger buck is all I can advocate.:D

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    I do agree with the knife deal.I normally carry one,except this time,I grabbed eveything but the knife.hopefully these turds will do something with it besides keep the antlers.I did go tonight in Del.and shot 2 big Does with the H+R,kinda makes me feel better.BTW CHASER,the 2 does didn't suffer,the both were done on the spot when I pulled the trigger right in a heap where they were standing

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Definately carry a sharp knife next time. My dad keeps one in his car just in case of a freshly hit deer along the road (he has odd luck like that). Just remember to stay away from the hooves and obviously the antlers. My dad will come up behind them and with one hand and a foot hold the antlers down and quickly cut it's throat (maybe he was a deer hit man in his youth) :rolleyes:

haha thats what i was gonna say. shouldve slit its throat and gutted it on the spot

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    This is mean and dumb, but do it the East Coast Rednecks way next time, my buddy hit one one night with birdshot and finished it off by putting the dear in the L.

CHASER

Nov 9, 2007
    BTW CHASER, the 2 does didn't suffer, the both were done on the spot when I pulled the trigger right in a heap where they were standing

Shot a pretty nice odd racked 4pt buck….he was laying on the property line next to a bordering farm not quite dead, but on his last leg. After the hour wait .

1:shot it with a bow, and DNR has to be there or witness the finishing off according to the officer I spoke with..

OK I must have read your posts wrong.
    I don’t care how you hunt were you hunt.
    You said it didn’t die right away and you waited for it and then you left. Now it’s multiplied from one 4pt buck into 2 does??

I still stand by what I said why didn’t you just finish it off and load it?

Then you gave me an answer only a hunter would know
    If you wait One 4pt buck turns into 2 does
    Is that like killing 2 birds with one stone??

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Does were shot in Delaware on the last day of shotgun season that would be yesterday the 18th of Nov.,the 4pt was shot on the farm in Maryland with a bow on the 17th of Nov.,two different locations.BTW what did you mean by the L Redneck?oh yeah,the #17 looked sharp tonight,until that Yahoo Jimmie Johnson had to ruin his celebration burnout,I know J.J. won the championship,but come on,Matt pretty much dominated the last 50 laps.Chaser,lets not throw out Digs against hunters on the thread,save it for personal Messages.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Be carefull with that knife. :innocent0
    The DEER may be Pissed also!
    ;)

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Deerslayer79, by the L I meant a headlock. He didnt have a knife on him so he choaked it out.

The 17 dominated that whole race. JJ blows, I cant stand him all he does is cry and bring up the plane crash. Im so tired of his wimpy Cali ass. The 17 also had the best burnout all year. It was almost Harvick Brickyard like. He blew the tire off the car and started sheading some quarter panel. :party29:

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.

That's for sure a friend of my dad's would take his beagles out to kick up rabbits a couple times a month don't think he really hunted them just something to do with the dogs, when one time they scared up a decent sized buck that decided he was in the way of him getting away from the dogs. Needless to say he had many stitches from both the antlers and hooves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom