• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FXWG

Oct 21, 2008
    Aberdeen
    So what would a person do if he were to have current magazines over the limit? Do we have to throw them away? Not saying I do but just wondering.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    The law is written exactly as it is now, the only change was from 20 to 10.

Posession is fine. It's just sale, transfer, or manufacture that's prohibited.

FXWG

Oct 21, 2008
    Aberdeen
    Thank you guys. This is just about the saddest thing that has ever happened to me. Not even the death of my beloved father because I know he is in a better place with GOD and not in pain anymore. Now I feel so used and screwed. They did not listen to one thing anybody had to say. They had their minds made up and did what they were told to do by omalley. This bill will do nothing to save the law abiding citizen but you all already know that.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    so if I build a .458 SOCOM AR and I bought a 10 round mag for it I guess it would be at my own risk since the .458 uses a 30 rd 5.56 mag to hold 10 rounds.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Your ability to acquire normal capacity magazines hasn't really changed. MD can't govern what happens outside of its jurisdiction and possession is not prohibited.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The "Grandfathering" part of this just gives them more to use against us in the future. You think about 2 years from now you are at the range and have the 17 round Mag, 3 in fact, that you got when you bought your gun 5 years ago. An Officer notices you fire more than 10 rounds before changing mags....... His position will be, "How do I know you did not just buy those yesterday in Va????" I see harassment city coming our way, and believe me there are enough A-Holes in uniform that will ues that to F___ with you.:mad54:

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    The "Grandfathering" part of this just gives them more to use against us in the future. You think about 2 years from now you are at the range and have the 17 round Mag, 3 in fact, that you got when you bought your gun 5 years ago. An Officer notices you fire more than 10 rounds before changing mags....... His position will be, "How do I know you did not just buy those yesterday in Va????" I see harassment city coming our way, and believe me there are enough A-Holes in uniform that will ues that to F___ with you.:mad54:

And it won't matter if you did buy them yesterday in VA because the law doesn't ban possession. Only sale/transfer within the MD borders after 10/1 is prohibited.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    So what's the law about filling the mag to full capacity and letting go? Is it the same law as Connecticut where u can't put more than ten rounds in the magazine outside your home? Looks like I'm going to do shooting drills to see how fast I can reload mags with ten rounds in it with my m-4 and ak

No. The ONLY thing they changed in the law about magazine size was the number 20 to the number 10.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    How many times do we all have to say STOP POSTING THINGS LIKE THIS. WE AREN'T THE ONLY ONES ON THESE FORUMS, WAIT UNTIL AFTER APRIL 8!!!!!!

Please don't help the antis out.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    How many times do we all have to say STOP POSTING THINGS LIKE THIS. WE AREN'T THE ONLY ONES ON THESE FORUMS, WAIT UNTIL AFTER APRIL 8!!!!!!

Please don't help the antis out.

This is not a new possibility. It has been discussed extensively on this site. It was discussed extensively before this last legislative session.

A simple search would turn it up being mentioned in hundreds of threads unless someone has been diligently scrubbing all the old posts of this information.

I'm only discussing it because it's so well known. I agree with the sentiment, but the cat is out of the bag and across the state line on this particular fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom