• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    No it doesn't. It shows where a bill goes, nothing else.

The only thing I am aware of on the books close to this is "Sales Tax" collection for goods delivered "out of state". The tax is to be paid in the State in which the goods are delivered. That "delivered to" State has jurisdiction over the sale.

IANAL
    I ordered some non firearms related items a while ago and had them shipped to an Alaska address. As soon as I changed the shipping address, the sales tax disappeared. Billing address was still in MD

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I hate a slow, painful, drawn out death,, I'll just go ahead and send this fella a link to the thread,,,

waldstre.png

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    MGA took the possession part out because I think they worried about the law being challenged like it is being in California. I didn't mean any harm. I was just asking a question. In fact, I will tell the elected general assembly and the people who vote them in that they can ***** themselves. This law needs to be challenged. In fact, the only reason laws like "assault weapons ban" and magazine restrictions exist is due to the size of the state. Va and Pa are huge states and even though they vote for garbage congress people on the federal level, at least they vote in people at the state level that keeps waiting periods, "assault weapon" bans and magazine restrictions from passing. And I keep up with the news and the democrats and some Republicans (uniparty) are trying very hard.

The size of MD has nothing to do with it.
    The fact that’s it’s filled with Leftist liberal whackos who vote for people just like them has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just got back from a trip to upstate NY.

I was informed that NY has threatened gun dealers in nearby PA that NY would sue them if they sold verboten magazines to NY residents. Despite the fact that this is outright ridiculous, since NY has no jurisdiction over sales in PA, nor does it have the right to sue businesses outside NY, I was given to understand that many PA shops will not sell to New Yorkers.

I have not verified this, however. At any rate, BGOS is real, and is a tool exploited by NY, and it may cross borders.

Despite all this, it's still a fact that the NY SAFE Act is generally despised and ignored by the vast majority of NY gun owners.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    How does a PA shop such as Cabelas know you are from NY--do they just go by accent and obnoxious personality?? Suppose you disguise your voice?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Green Top in Richmond is worth the drive.
    I go to Charleston about one a year, many PSAs nearby.
    These laws are pointless. Most mopes with illegal guns in Maryland have regular capacity magazines anyways...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The size of MD has nothing to do with it.
    The fact that’s it’s filled with Leftist liberal whackos who vote for people just like them has EVERYTHING to do with it.
    Like Northern Virginia, Maryland politics have been polluted and ruined by virtue of being a bedroom community to the DC cesspool.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    In the future,,, Can we have the MGA CC'd on these weekly "how to obtain mags in MD" threads??

Because, ya know they need our help on banning these things for good,, And there is no one better at helping snuff out 2A rights than gun owners.

Do we really need 3-4 pages every 2 weeks or so on this fragile topic??
    There is enough discussion in the archives that discussing it further isn't helping or hindering the problem. The cat's out of the bag.

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    Just got back from a trip to upstate NY.

I was informed that NY has threatened gun dealers in nearby PA that NY would sue them if they sold verboten magazines to NY residents. Despite the fact that this is outright ridiculous, since NY has no jurisdiction over sales in PA, nor does it have the right to sue businesses outside NY, I was given to understand that many PA shops will not sell to New Yorkers.

I have not verified this, however. At any rate, BGOS is real, and is a tool exploited by NY, and it may cross borders.

Despite all this, it's still a fact that the NY SAFE Act is generally despised and ignored by the vast majority of NY gun owners.
    NY & Cali have the possession in regard to mag bans. Those states are worse than Maryland by a mile which is why they are getting their crap pushed in by the federal courts and SCOTUS.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    . Most mopes with illegal guns in Maryland have regular capacity magazines anyways...

But from the Baltimore Confiscated Guns thread , close to half of them aren't fully loaded . ( And I don't mean the plus one vs no plus one debate ) I mean less than 10 ( mismatched) rounds in 12- 17 round magazines .

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I know that you go out of state (VA, PA and WV specifically) and buy a magazine over 10 rounds. What I wanted to figure out is this. Can I have my magazines shipped to a P.O. Box out of state and being them back into Maryland? The P.O. would be in my name.
    it is delivered outside of Maryland so yes you can

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    GunJunkie, If you really want the truth about some of your recent posts you won't get it on this forum. Research some of the underground forums like DarkBrandon , etc.

ChesterW8

Mar 31, 2023
    Washington DC
    I’ve seen people bring their magazines unassembled to the range in VA. That’s because in DC you’re only allowed 10 round mags, but when it’s not assembled, it’s technically not a functional magazine.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I've seen damage done to Glock mags just getting them apart. OTOH I want to get into practical but cannot find the extra Magazines needed at OOS Shows and cannot order them from the Manufacturer. Guess I could switch to Glock and probably find 17+ mags laying around the hood.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If a Glock magazine was damaged by being disassembled, they didn’t know what they were doing. Some people have natural talent.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    But from the Baltimore Confiscated Guns thread , close to half of them aren't fully loaded . ( And I don't mean the plus one vs no plus one debate ) I mean less than 10 ( mismatched) rounds in 12- 17 round magazines .
    Quite common. I'll regularly see 27-30 round mags with 7-8 bullets, usually mismatched range ammo.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Just as a FYI primary arms will not deliver to PA with a MD billing address.

Palmetto, gunmagwarehouse, rtg, and many others will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom