made my decision on my first handgun, Now which store in Fred. Co. to go to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Gunrunner's is a great start. You could also check with Ted at Engage Armament. They have a place in Thurmont.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    park somewhere on patrick street between post office and market street (good luck) its back a little alley next to bean and beagal (RH side of street). There is a white wooden sign on the sidewalk that says gunrunners.

I personally don't shop at the gun center anymore the prices were ridiculous on some guns, may be better now haven't been in years

BTW: He doesn't have internet at the shop so if the gun you want isn't in stock he can't tell if/when he can get it until he goes home

Feb 17, 2012
    Frederick County
    park somewhere on patrick street between post office and market street (good luck) its back a little alley next to bean and beagal (RH side of street). There is a white wooden sign on the sidewalk that says gunrunners.

I personally don't shop at the gun center anymore the prices were ridiculous on some guns, may be better now haven't been in years

Right on! ill have to stop by there, ive heard nothing but good things about gun runners.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    added to top above post about internet/ordering. What are you looking for I was just there a few weeks ago I may be able to tell you if he had it then. SOme guns move fast but he's smart enough to keep those on hand.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Im ready to buy I have my online course card, valid DL, and money so if I see something I like ill buy the same day im in there.

yeah thats what I always end up doing even though I usually want something else before I get there.

I know he'll have some CZs, glocks, a couple berettas most likely a remington 1911 talo edition (which I got one). Probably still has a magnum research 1911 fwiw and a springer/wilson combat doctored up 1911 (barely used) A few s&w pisols and can't remeber what else he usually has.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Gun runners all the way. Friendliest people you'll meet. Than can you just about everything gun related. Btw if u are walking the same way as traffic they are on the right side of the street if that helps.
    I have done business with gun center and they are a good quality store that is more modernized but their prices are up there.
    As for gun shack, we have boughten bullets from them and that's about it. They do have a lot of cool things though

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I always forget how close Lou (Shooters Discount) is to Frederick. Another great option!

esrepairman

Mar 21, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    Gunrunners should be 1st choice, but limited hours so check ahead.

The Gun Shack I have found to be "unfriendly" unless you are a good ole boy seriously into archery/hunting. I stopped going there even though it is closest to my home. Never felt welcome there, they always seemed to be too busy to give you the time of day.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    +1 for Gunrunners, but also for Beans and Bagels down at street level. Go early and stop in for a cup of coffee, bagel and home fries. Then go buy a gun! Do days start off any better than that? :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Perhaps whoever has it in stock should be a consideration...:D

THIS ^^^^^

Dave has a BIG GOOD POINT here. Recent availability on guns, especially handguns, has become DIFFICULT at best. We don't know what type of handgun you seek, so check with the IP's and see if any have it in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom