• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    8 out of 10, but I agree with everyone else that the Gatling Gun was NOT a true machine gun. I also missed the second question, but that had more to do with me being an idiot.

Oh and the question about the nickname for the M2... I re-read the possible answers several times trying to find "Ma Deuce".

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    US citizen when he founded Vickers in the UK in 1896 or '97. Became a naturalized 'Brit a few years after that.

Ager .58 cal "coffee mill gun".

Model 712 Schnellfueur.*

Soviet/Russian GsH-6 23mm aircraft cannon, 10,000 rpm*

* I had to 'web the last two, but knew the first 2 right off the bat.

I'm skeptical of #4, since, like all multibarrel systems, it's not a "true" MG, but more like a "chain" gun. Recoil/power gasses have no role in running it - it's electrically driven.

I personally would have said the American 180 M2 dual system. Two American 180's mounted on a single stock, or the quad system on a tripod. The '180 fired 1,700 rpm, of 3,600 in dual config, or 7,200 as a quad. That's a sh!tload of .22's screaming at ya!!!

Those ARE better quiz questions, though!!!
    Excellent (I didn't know the Mauser answer), except for the last one. In my opinion the O'Dwyer system is the fastest machine gun in existence with a 1,000,000 rounds per minute firing rate.
    While it is electrically driven and does not have a real feed system it counts in my book. :)
    The gasses do have a role in firing the gun, but not for cycling and rather it is to prevent unintentional discharge. The pressure pushing on the bullet behind it helps it make a seal against the barrel.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Excellent (I didn't know the Mauser answer), except for the last one. In my opinion the O'Dwyer system is the fastest machine gun in existence with a 1,000,000 rounds per minute firing rate.
    While it is electrically driven and does not have a real feed system it counts in my book. :)
    The gasses do have a role in firing the gun, but not for cycling and rather it is to prevent unintentional discharge. The pressure pushing on the bullet behind it helps it make a seal against the barrel.

novus answered question #11 correctly, "what is the most badass machine gun evar!?" :party29:

but it could be a tie with that other metalstorm gun, the 40mm grenade launcher one

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    8 out of 10. I missed 2 out of the first 3, but straightened out after that.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    7/10, the first war question was misleading, the civil war saw limited use...

i also missed the mg42 and the mini gun question.

I'm surprised there was no mention of the "meat chopper" or "puff the magic dragon" (ac-130 spectre) as they were both ridiculous.

runswscissors

Jul 11, 2008
    Harford County
    9/10

I can't believe I got a few of them correct. Talk about lowest common denominitor history. Like others said - don't think too much about the answer.

I totally understand how Novus got 6/10 and still probably answered every question correctly.

And seriously, its nick name is the ma deuce!

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Has anyone had trouble getting these quizes to load? I have been there a couple of times and I can never seem to get the quizes to load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom