• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Good afternoon, everyone! I previously posted on here about getting a sten, but after doing more research I've decided to go with a mac 10/45. I've looked around online and while the prices seem fair, I would like to find one for sale in state if possible. Does anyone have leads on which shops would have them? I've seen prices in the 8-10k range, so I'd like to stay around there. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Reuben M. has some for sale for $12k so thats the upper end of the market. I haven't heard of one local but I'll keep an eye out.

There is one on Sturm (from a guy w/o much feedback) for $10k w/ suppressor (2 stamps)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not to get into the weeds, but have you considered an M11/9? The M10 is bigger. The aftermarket support for both are perhaps the best in the machine gun world with Lage Mfg. making some really great uppers.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Not to get into the weeds, but have you considered an M11/9? The M10 is bigger. The aftermarket support for both are perhaps the best in the machine gun world with Lage Mfg. making some really great uppers.
    I have considered the M11, but I just can't justify the price difference. I'll take the slightly larger one for a few thousand less. It's just a range toy, so while not idea to be bigger, I'll make it work. As far as lage, I'm super excited to get one of their uppers. I'm looking into the one that takes the Suomi drum mags.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Reuben M. has some for sale for $12k so thats the upper end of the market. I haven't heard of one local but I'll keep an eye out.

There is one on Sturm (from a guy w/o much feedback) for $10k w/ suppressor (2 stamps)
    Thanks for looking! I'm not sure how I feel about the low feedback. It's a lot of money to play with lol

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have considered the M11, but I just can't justify the price difference. I'll take the slightly larger one for a few thousand less. It's just a range toy, so while not idea to be bigger, I'll make it work. As far as lage, I'm super excited to get one of their uppers. I'm looking into the one that takes the Suomi drum mags.
    Oh, wow! They used to be pretty similar in price! Agree!

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I was able to work out a deal with @rsideout for a very nice M10. He was fantastic to deal with, had a fair price, and made the entire process extremely easy, so a huge thank you to him!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Engage didn’t have any as of last month. It’s not 2014 anymore where one could find a table full of them.
    I remember that table very well. It was spectacular. IIRC, 24 M11-A1's and a lone M11/9. I am happy to have eaten at that buffet.

Check with Engage whenever looking for anything class 3. Things are always coming in the door. I saw two M16's come in the other week. Don't recall if they were A1 or A2.
    I was able to work out a deal with @rsideout for a very nice M10. He was fantastic to deal with, had a fair price, and made the entire process extremely easy, so a huge thank you to him!
    Outstanding news. If you talk with Jackie at Lage, maybe they're arranging direct deposit now and she can set you up ;)

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Yes, but I'm ok with it
    I remember that table very well. It was spectacular. IIRC, 24 M11-A1's and a lone M11/9. I am happy to have eaten at that buffet.

Check with Engage whenever looking for anything class 3. Things are always coming in the door. I saw two M16's come in the other week. Don't recall if they were A1 or A2.

Outstanding news. If you talk with Jackie at Lage, maybe they're arranging direct deposit now and she can set you up ;)
    Yeah, I called them up and now 50% of each check goes directly to Lage. It's better this way. It's like a 401k, but better even though I don't get my money back eventually

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    He’s an evil man. He got you, too….
    I just let you shoot a few of my happy trigger and quiet toys. The decisions that made after that are all on you. It's not my fault that you have to now work an extra 7-12 years more than you planned before you can retire. :-)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just let you shoot a few of my happy trigger and quiet toys. The decisions that made after that are all on you. It's not my fault that you have to now work an extra 7-12 years more than you planned before you can retire. :-)
    :lol:

Still one of the best days of my shooting life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom