• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhiteLightning-H/O

brass sling'in
    Sep 11, 2014
    Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on anyone that still makes a sub $900 a2 style rifle. this would be my first AR platform Since catching the "sporter" rifle bug after buying a vz2008 from a dealers thread here last year or so. I'd like to find a fixed stock,20in barrel, (and a fixed carry handle if possible). i dig the old school looks. of couse any leads on other maryland legal scary black rifles(:D) in the $$ range would also be looked at. thanks! :party29:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The HBAR bit of this makes picking out one tricky, too. A2 rifles tend to come with A2 profile barrels, which aren't heavy.

RRA's "LAR-15 Standard A4" is near that price range, and has the option for an A2 receiver. They would be my pick.

DPMS has a couple rifles that are definitely in your price range ("A2 Classic", "DCM"), but DPMS is also a bit infamous for QC issues.

Or, you could go full-tilt, and hunt up a used Colt HBAR Sporter. Might be a bit outside the price range (albeit maybe not if it's well-used or old?), but you'll get the classic, and that's worth something.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Howard County Gun show for you my friend. See Lou and Mopar at Shooters Discount you will. And buy a Colt 6721 you must.

WhiteLightning-H/O

brass sling'in
    Sep 11, 2014
    The HBAR bit of this makes picking out one tricky, too. A2 rifles tend to come with A2 profile barrels, which aren't heavy.

RRA's "LAR-15 Standard A4" is near that price range, and has the option for an A2 receiver. They would be my pick.

DPMS has a couple rifles that are definitely in your price range ("A2 Classic", "DCM"), but DPMS is also a bit infamous for QC issues.

Or, you could go full-tilt, and hunt up a used Colt HBAR Sporter. Might be a bit outside the price range (albeit maybe not if it's well-used or old?), but you'll get the classic, and that's worth something.

"the HBAR bit of this makes picking out one tricky" - yeah but its still the law of the land right? (pleeese tell me its reversed lol) i was wanting the 6920 but the barrel cut really looks sweet on the carbines and if i cant have it might aswell get a full length. but yes i do have a dream of the colts its a shame everybody else does too:sad53: lol

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Aside from DCM/High Power competition "service rifles, complete A2 HBAR rifles are essentially out of production and have moved over into the category of "retro cool."

Rock River arms shows it as an optional configuration on their website but I don't know if they would ever deliver one or if it could be had for under $900.

If you really want one new, you are going to have to build it from a kit/upper.

There is another option. While government profile 20" A4 rifles seem to have found a niche in today's market (Colt, FN, etc.), there was a time when the world was lousy with 20" A2 HBAR rifles. 20 Years ago it was the most common configuration. Government profile barrels on commercial A2's were almost unheard of. They were almost all 1/9 HBARS. There are a lot of them out there and it might be worthwhile to search out a good used one. Supposedly they don't have a lot of resale value because everyone wants a shorty M4 carbine clone.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    I am looking for an A2 upper to put on one of my last lowers builds. I looked at the Fredericksburg show and none were to be found. I am sure there are some out there. Anyone have a lead on an upper let me know.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I am looking for an A2 upper to put on one of my last lowers builds. I looked at the Fredericksburg show and none were to be found. I am sure there are some out there. Anyone have a lead on an upper let me know.

Worst case, places like Bushmaster or others have A2 stripped uppers you can buy for around $150ish...(or assembled for about $40-50 more)... went that route about a month or so ago when I swapped out the A1 style upper on my 20" Bushmaster...(couldn't stand the A1 sights and needing a tool every time I wanted to adjust)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Howard County Gun show for you my friend. See Lou and Mopar at Shooters Discount you will. And buy a Colt AR6721 you must.

We have these (16") ^^^ in stock now at Shooters Discount but the Colt MT6601 20" (see below) will be in stock (new in box) at Shooters Discount this Thursday 09/18 or Friday 09/19 in the late afternoon and well within your stated price range. I won't have exact pricing until the guns arrive late next week but I DO KNOW they will be priced under $850.00.

Check out the Colt MT6601 also.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD

I have brand new FN A2 uppers in stock for $600

WhiteLightning-H/O

brass sling'in
    Sep 11, 2014
    We have these (16") ^^^ in stock now at Shooters Discount but the Colt MT6601 20" (see below) will be in stock (new in box) at Shooters Discount this Thursday 09/18 or Friday 09/19 in the late afternoon and well within your stated price range. I won't have exact pricing until the guns arrive late next week but I DO KNOW they will be priced under $850.00.
    Any pic's of the configuration they will be in OTD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom