• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    well I signed into my estore account at CMP and hot damn, my rifle shipped. Gets here tomorrow before 4:30pm I am excited. Will post pics sometime tomorrow if I get a chance in the evening. Now I just need to get ammo. O by the way I got the Special.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
      photo-1.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 121
    • photo-2.jpg
      photo-2.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 123
    • photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 114
    Last edited:

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    Awesome. I am thinking about ordering one from the cmp. How long did it take to ship

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Welcome to the club.

Please be aware the picture police will be here tomorrow with extreme prejudice.....so post em up when you get it home!

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Wow they are moving along pretty quickly now. I remember that one of mine took almost 7 months to show up but I couldn't have been happier with what I got.

Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    Average of one month, CMP are getting them out quick, mine been in the Estore since Friday. They shipped my ammo yesterday and the Springfield SG is still pending.

Looking forward to seeing how good she looks, being CMP she's going to be sweet being a Special.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    In general the orders are running around 20 days out for processing and shipping is around 30 day's.

Better get any orders in prior to July 5, 2010. On the 5th the Estore and processing will take a hit with the release of the Garand bayonets.

The 30 days is only for a Springfield rifle and not the HRA Service or Field grades. CMP Specials are shipping within 30 day's

Love to see pictures of your new to you Garand.

You mentioned the Special. Which one?
    The CMP has a Service Grade Special that is all correct with the exception of the CMP replacement stock, and the other is a complete rebuild using a Criterion barrel.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Good to know about the bayonets timeline. I'm counting my pennies to see if I can get an order in for a Springfield SG. Impressed to hear about the 30 day turn around.

The first M-1 I got from the CMP was a March '45 WWll Springfield SG with the original barrel (TE 2.5, ME 1.5 :thumbsup:) w/ a replacement stock. It must have spent a lot of time sitting in a rack. :D

I got my H&R SG before they started the correct grade. It looks unissued, all H&R except the trigger group, which was completely Springfield with cosmoline still in it. I don't know how they test fired it. :lol:

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    sorry about the crappy pics. I don't own a digital camera, but this is the most beautiful rifle I have ever seen. I am in love. The only thing I can notice is that the stock is a little dry, is it suppose to be this way or should I rub it down with something. Any suggestions?

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    I got the Special Grade M1 Garand. RM1SPECIAL Which has the new barell, stock, web sling. With refinished Springfield receiver, and all other parts are either refinished or new manufacture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom