• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey I was interested in purchasing an m1 garand. My first one doesnt have to be original or a collectors piece, but rather something new thats fun to shoot and looks good. ANy sources?

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Looks good? CMP Correct Grade or Service Grade Special. Accept no substitute.

They are all fun to shoot.

Edited to add: If you don't mind a little character in the wood, the Service Grade rifles are a bargain.

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    I was looking at their website. Have you ordered from them, how long did it take. And do you have any pics of yours?

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Here is the CMP Danish return rack grade my dad picked up in person(really was a service grade and it had a NM op rod) and my CMP 208,XXX serial number Inland m1 carbine. I like the knot on the hand guard. I personally like one that has some history to it.

Last edited:

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I was looking at their website. Have you ordered from them, how long did it take. And do you have any pics of yours?

Most of my ordering was done before the election. I've received a Correct Grade Garand, Rack Grade IBM Carbine, and Service Grade Inland Carbine. The order was received at CMP on 9/22/08 and arrived here 10/2/08.

My next order for the M1903A3 went in November '08 and would have been ready by late December, but I asked CMP to hold shipment until after the holidays as I was out of town.

Since the election everyone and their brother was buying from the CMP so shipping delays increased.

I don't have pictures of any of these. I did buy another Garand off of gunbroker, after a CMP forum member tipped me off that this one had the adjacent serial number to my correct grade. It came with a CMP certificate and was likely a service grade. I should have the gun broker pictures at work.

Correction: a few 1903A3 pics are on photobucket: http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr25/jjbduke2004/03A3/
    The picture quality's not that great and was mainly to capture identifying marks. There are no pictures of the entire gun.

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    awsome guns. I am going to put an order in for the service grade special. I just spent some time putting my application together. Do you guys know of a club that is cheap and easy to join to satisfy that portion of the requirement? Something where I can join online?

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    The advantage to the garand collectors association is the nice magazine.

The M1 collectors club is cheaper, based in Maryland, and is getting ready to donate 5 rifles to JJ O'Shea's M1 for Vets organization. The best use of Membership ever.

http://www.m1collectorsclub.com/

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    There are several clubs that are part AGC that qualify as a club for the CMP.

If you belong to a club that isn't affiliated with CMP, you can join a second and not buy the second range badge.

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    well i just submitted my app for a special grade garand. I filled out the form to join the Garand Collectors and sent a copy in with my application. I hope they accept that as proof of membership. If not I will have to wait until the Garand collectors release my membership info to CMP. Will post pics when I get it

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    well i just submitted my app for a special grade garand. I filled out the form to join the Garand Collectors and sent a copy in with my application. I hope they accept that as proof of membership. If not I will have to wait until the Garand collectors release my membership info to CMP. Will post pics when I get it

Garand Collectors sends CMP a member update list weekly. It shouldn't hold you up at all...

Jamie

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    so it appears I am an idiot. I did not get a notary to sign my paperwork, I thought that only a parent buying for their child had to have the notary signature. I guess I will wait for them to contact me regarding this

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    so it appears I am an idiot. I did not get a notary to sign my paperwork, I thought that only a parent buying for their child had to have the notary signature. I guess I will wait for them to contact me regarding this

Just resend the signature sheet with the notary, and give customer service a call to let them know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom