• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've had the pleasure of having owned 33 International Harvester M1 Garands. Even better reading is Bruce Canfield's second book titled "The M1 Garand Rifle." It covers all the Garand manufacturers and is over 850 pages of history and photos of the infamous rifle.

His first book, "The Complete Guide to the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine" is excellent as well, especially for its detailed discussion of the Carbine. I saw my first Garand in ROTC in 1959 and my first Carbine in Nha Trang in 1966, but I did not own either of them until 2002.

I've possessed over 90 Garands and nearly 20 Carbines...love the old war horses! I will be parting with 5-10 Garands in the coming months as part of a slimming down of my inventory.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-'84)

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I've had the pleasure of having owned 33 International Harvester M1 Garands. Even better reading is Bruce Canfield's second book titled "The M1 Garand Rifle." It covers all the Garand manufacturers and is over 850 pages of history and photos of the infamous rifle.

His first book, "The Complete Guide to the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine" is excellent as well, especially for its detailed discussion of the Carbine. I saw my first Garand in ROTC in 1959 and my first Carbine in Nha Trang in 1966, but I did not own either of them until 2002.

I've possessed over 90 Garands and nearly 20 Carbines...love the old war horses! I will be parting with 5-10 Garands in the coming months as part of a slimming down of my inventory.
    Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-'84)

Here I am trying to save money and there you are waving shiny objects that I want. Thanks for nothing. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom