• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hyjinx9

May 24, 2013
    I have been looking for a 20 round mag on the internet and can't seem to find one it came with a 10 round mag and as we all know that's a pain in the a**. Besides driving out of state does anyone know where I can get a 20 round mag in Maryland before the dreaded Oct 1 comes. Also looking for a speed loader any suggestions? :party29:

Thanks

Attachments

• M&P15-22.jpg
      M&P15-22.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 202

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    There are no 20rd mags made. S&W makes 10rd & 25rd mags. Pro-mag made 10rd & 35rd mags with the 10rd mags being blocked 35 rounders. Pro-mag stopped making them due to patent infringements with S&W. Plinker also makes some but I think everyone agrees they aren't any good.

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    I am still shopping for short 10 round mags for this gun. I believe the "long" 10 round mags advertised are 25 round mags pinned to only hold 10 rounds. Perhaps you could pin a 25 round mag back to 20 rounds?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The long 25 rounders are pinned to 10 rounds.

Sometimes, if you are not careful, the pins can fall out and then you can load 25 rounds.

When I bought mine, it came with a magazine pinned to 18 rounds. Not sure who did the "conversion."

The short 10 rounders are VERY hard to find. I had a backorder just canceled as they were backordered for over 6 months. S&W will not let you order them online, but sometimes, if you call, they will backorder. NO idea when they might show up.

A month of so ago, someone had some in stock, it was posted online and I managed to get 2.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I was at the gun show in Gettyburg this last weekend and I could have bought around 6-7 25 rd S&W mags for decent prices from a couple of venders. But I already have 3-10 and 7-25 S&Ws, 2-32 Promags and 1-50 BDM drum.
    As for a "speed" loader there are none that could be considered much faster than by hand but there are a a couple that make it easier by maybe 20%. Best place to check is on the S&W forum on the 15-22 subforum. There are specific threads plus a thread for people who make parts for the 15-22.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    Chantilly gun show is in 3 weeks, just grab 25 or 32 rd mags there. There was plenty of em at the last one I went to for 20- 25 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom