• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Guys,

Soon to be new AR owner. I love my Lula for 9mm, which I just lost. Grrr. I need to buy a Lula for AR magazines too. I'm leaning towards the Strip Lula based on the videos I saw even though the PMC ammo I bought does not come in stripper clips (Does any .223/5.56 ammo come in stripper clips? PMC is first .223 ammo I ever bought in bulk.) because I like the idea of loading 10 at a time and then pushing down on Strip Lula instead of one at a time with Lula (I think I'd lose count).

Does anyone own the Lula or Strip Lula, and which do you prefer and why, if you care to share.

Thank you.

Jim

P.S. Thank you for everyone's responses to my AR magazine thread. I'm still searching, but will update when I buy some.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Own the standard lula, have used the strip lula - if you buy your ammo on stripper's, get the s/l, if you just get standard loose pack/ loose bulk - standard lula. Standard lula is also great for unloading magazines before going home, that's if you actually have ammo to take back home.

I prefer standard lula myself, but everyone's got their own preference.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    How did you lose your "Lula"?

Took my nephew to shoot for first time at an indoor range that I am not a member of. Didn't have enough storage space for my gear so I put the Lula in a side drawer, that I don't normally use and which the range I am a member at does not have. I was focused on my nephew since it was his first time, and I was rushing to leave since I am a nonmember and was on the "clock" so I forgot to check inside the side drawer before I left. I thought for sure the range would have it this morning since I shot last night 1/2 hour before closing with only two people left shooting and the Lula had my name on it, but no dice.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd say StripLULA, even if you don't buy ammo on stripper clips. It's easy enough to load up loose or boxed ammo onto clips, and J&G Sales sells clips+bandoliers pretty cheap.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    A friend of mine has the Lula. I can load my 30 round mags quicker by hand than he can with his Lula.

Its not about speed its about saving your fingers/hands from all the work.

I say strip lula, I can load mags very fast with it even using loose rounds. I use it most often with loose rounds and it works great, it sells itself when people see me using it. One end has a tab that is great for unloading the mags, if your into that sort of thing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom