• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    As many of you know, LRB has manufactured a t44 replica receiver. Am I permitted to have one? I see me mention of it in the wording of the law and for that matter I don't recall seeing the m25 either. I think I only saw the m21 in the wording. Please let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    It's an M1A, so therefore verboten. Doesn't matter if the manufacturer gives it another name, the function is still identical.

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    Is the wording based on function or is it stated in the law that any variants are banned? I thought it was the listed models IE bm59, m1a, m14, m21. I have not had the pleasure of reading the wording of the law in its entirety, but I thought it was models not function. For instance, ar-10 is the same, but not. Is this not the same with the T44?

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    I was referring to the ar-10 as being the same as the ar-15 but different, and therefore not even regulated.

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    By the way, is the T44-E4 actually an m1a? It has a different stock and was created prior to the m14. It was never stamped with m14 markings. It is a T44-E4, technically. Right?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The AR10 is different because it has an entirely different receiver and is a different caliber.

This is an M1A with a different name. Sort of like an M&P15 isn't called an AR15, but it's still an AR15.

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    This is not my picture, it is a friends recent picture of the different look between the stamping a on the LRB M14 vs the T44-E4

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 274

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    The AR10 is different because it has an entirely different receiver and is a different caliber.

This is an M1A with a different name. Sort of like an M&P15 isn't called an AR15, but it's still an AR15.

This brings up the HBAR discussion. Same same different barrel. Similar deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom