• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Leave a post for the Industry Partners and tell them what you are looking for. I'll bet many have used ones sitting in their gun racks.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I am looking for an inexpensive muzzle loading rifle. The recipient of this loves the percussion Hawken. She is not a hunter. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I don't know particular she is, but, I have a CVA Frontier .50 setting here that I will sell if I find an interested buyer... I'll throw in everything ready to shoot except the powder. I have a box of .50 cal balls, caps, patches, some accessories...

I do have a scope on it and it is a tack driver at 50 yards. It is a hunting weapon that I use, but, it is more/less in my way. I like this rifle and it is a helluva-lotta-fun to shoot. I shoot 295 grain CVA PowerBelts with it when hunting, but, it's more fun to shoot with Ball & Patch. This was a project gun and I have several new items for it.

Attachments

• 50.jpg
      50.jpg
      34.9 KB · Views: 312
    • cvafrontier50.jpg
      cvafrontier50.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 314

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I actually traded even-up for my T/C Renegade .54 cal. That T/C I had was too heaving and very uncomfortable to shoot. The fella I traded had to pick his jaw up off the floor when I made the offer. He said, You want to trade me that for "this" ? I said, Yup. He didn't hesitate to give me the CVA for the T/C.

Yes. I'm very happy.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Safety glasses would go a long way there not to mention hearing protection. Kind of like helmets on motorcycles and 4 wheelers kids don't get a choice.

Agree completely. I do not ride without full gear or shoot black powder without protection: eyes, ears, long-sleeves, and sometimes gloves (revolvers).

That picture was grabbed from the Internet a long while back where someone was showing the 'fire' around a percussion cap launching of a ball & patch in a Hawken.

4570inMD

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Thanks again for the visit and conversation Pilgrim. I had a great time talking with you here and I hope you enjoy the new muzzleloader. I appreciate it and I'm glad you like it. Like I said, it was a fun gun to shoot and I was impressed with it right from the start when I got it. Glad it's going to a good home.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    SOMDSHOOT, thank you for everything today. I enjoyed the you and yours. Thank you for the tale telling and advice. Now I am looking at our calendar for some range time. Thanks again for letting that rifle go to a new home.

No problem at all sir. I'm glad you like my rifle and I'm confident it went to a great home. That was one of the most fun guns I have ever owned, but, as I told you, I just have too many. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

pilgrim

I forgot to post a follow up. The rifle is great. Only shot the round ball, hitting the target like somebody knew what they were doing. 90-100 gr makes a nice group at 50yd, I can drop down to 75gr and stay on target just wider.
    And my buddy show me evil black rifles, is looking to get into black powder.

Thanks again.

shootmore

Dec 31, 2012
    black powder is fun and in today's environment may be a good option if other ammo isn't available or is too expensive. I'd rather shoot my AR but my ruger 77/50 will do just fine.

Dec 31, 2012
    the gun shop in essex has 20 used bp rifles.

I was browsing those last Friday and this Wednesday. The OP found one but others may be interested. They looked to be in good shape and clean, at least the ones I took off the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom