• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lauderman

Mar 5, 2013
    LEXINGTON PARK
    Does anyone have any advice on where to catch some decent catfish near Lexington Park. I do have a boat and prefer to use it. Hate fishing from the shore. Only thing Im catching near Solomans bridge area is croaker.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Launch out of Abells Wharf in Leonardtown and head up to the Wicomico River or fish the main Potomac. Further north you run the bigger the cats get.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Launch out of Abells Wharf in Leonardtown and head up to the Wicomico River or fish the main Potomac. Further north you run the bigger the cats get.

You must be as experienced as I am at that. I was going to say if you come up near IH we have some nice 20+ pounders. My wife got a several years ago at 33.25 pounds. Mattawoman Creek is an excellent cat creek. They prefer low salinity and muddy water and we have plenty of it here.

lauderman

Mar 5, 2013
    LEXINGTON PARK
    You must be as experienced as I am at that. I was going to say if you come up near IH we have some nice 20+ pounders. My wife got a several years ago at 33.25 pounds. Mattawoman Creek is an excellent cat creek. They prefer low salinity and muddy water and we have plenty of it here.

Thanks will give this a shot also.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    What do you use for bait? I have always been a chicken liver fan but am tired of catching croaker down here.

I always used a home made dough mix of chicken livers, with corn meal and a little corn oil and mix it so thick it's like modeling clay. We don't have Croaker this far north, but, we have record Cat's up here. Up here you can get away with the common Night Crawler just fine.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    +1 for Potomac north of the bridge. Caught a couple nice eating fish last year with minimal effort

424734_4438157281810_75946217_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom