• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Gun Connection stopped doing regulated transfers and A1 is a little far from me. Any other FFLs around that can do the fired casing and has a reasonable transfer fee? Thanks.

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    I think some FFLs will just return the firearm if there's no casing. I'd call around but you may be stuck with a higher fee or farther distance. You might have better luck with an answer once all the daywalkers awaken later today.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    It's $50 for the fired casing fee plus $50 for the transfer. I was hoping I could find a place that could do it for less.

Serious doubt you are going to find one cheaper. By the time you find one that will do both you will till spend 60-80. And then you'll be driving and spending 20 or better in gas. I don't know anyone at sure shot nor have a I used them, but 100 and they can do both and in the same area as you. No brainier.

Or assuming its something you can buy or get them to order then do that and don't have to pay the extra for the casing.

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    Serious doubt you are going to find one cheaper. By the time you find one that will do both you will till spend 60-80. And then you'll be driving and spending 20 or better in gas. I don't know anyone at sure shot nor have a I used them, but 100 and they can do both and in the same area as you. No brainier.

Or assuming its something you can buy or get them to order then do that and don't have to pay the extra for the casing.

:thumbsup: Plus, if you do find someone cheaper, there's no guarantee they'll do an 8th day release.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I've got you covered. $50 transfer, $10 MSP fee, $25 shell casing, you are wecome to provide your own internal safety lock, and we release in 8-10 days. We're up in Sparks, MD.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I've got you covered. $50 transfer, $10 MSP fee, $25 shell casing, you are wecome to provide your own internal safety lock, and we release in 8-10 days. We're up in Sparks, MD.

A nice offer if you were close To Duffys but...

From Pasadena that's....2 hours driving, 90+ miles and 85 bucks. I rest my case.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    Clyde's in Landsdowne does the fired casing for 15 bucks plus 50 transfer and 10 MSP fee. They also release on time.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    So it turns out the company (Lanbos Armory) I ordered from is a manufacturer so they will provide a fired shell casing free of charge. I know they are not an IP but I got a solid price from them. Picked up a Sig P226 .40 with night sights for about $770 shipped. Also ordered a ton of AR stuff from them and their prices were very good.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Awesome! , I wasn't trying t bust your balls about using a IP, just that if you had t get a fired casing you Might as well use the ne closest. I've oftoen thought of this. I don't understand why a FFL in another state couldn't shoot the gun and sell it to you as a slightly used gun then ship to MD. Thoughts on this? I'm sure they don't care long as your paying fr the new gun price. If its had a fired casing with it, it's not 100% new anyway.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Awesome! , I wasn't trying t bust your balls about using a IP, just that if you had t get a fired casing you Might as well use the ne closest. I've oftoen thought of this. I don't understand why a FFL in another state couldn't shoot the gun and sell it to you as a slightly used gun then ship to MD. Thoughts on this? I'm sure they don't care long as your paying fr the new gun price. If its had a fired casing with it, it's not 100% new anyway.

This is MD. Logic has no place here.

Big thumbs up to Sure Shot Firearms and A1 Uniforms. Sure Shot is my regular FFL. Good price on transfer fees, 3 miles from my house and 8th day release for previous transferees. A1 is only $10 more for transfers, fired casing service is basically free and they also do 8th day release for previous transferees and Military/LEO. Sure Shot should have my P226 by the end of the week and I should have my P226 in early August instead of 3 month from now. :)

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    We do shell casings for $25 and transfer fee is $50. We are right around the corner from Gun Connection.

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009

Is this pricing still valid? Your website shows a transfer plus collecting a fired casing will cost more like $125.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    $60 for handguns, no charge for casing as long as it is not some odd or rare caliber.

If it is a odd caliber and you provide the ammo it is still free for the casing.

No worries about release as MSP turns around NDs sooner than 7 days every time now, usually under 2 business days for ND, so 8th day releases all around.

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Thanks for the info A1! You sound really reasonable to deal with. Too bad you are in DC and I'm in Harford County!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom