• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Bobs sunoco had several when i purchased a couple of handguns last Tuesday. i would check there and they do 8 day releases.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    Bobs sunoco had several when i purchased a couple of handguns last Tuesday. i would check there and they do 8 day releases.

I think he is looking for a gunsmith that knows the AR15 platform, not a gunstore that has one on the shelf.

On the original topic, I don't know of any AR15 specific gunsmiths in SOMD, however depending on the problem there might be quite a few that can help out a bit.

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    Got down to Precision Firearms tonight. That Mark is sharp and knows this platform. He had me fixed up and test fired in no time. Definitely recommended. Also a class III dealer if anyone is interested and carries a crap load of parts. It was a little unclear if he offered individual parts. Said he was looking to open a small storefront sometime in the future.

The problem ended up being the BCG.

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    You usually have to lube it up pretty good, and shoot about 100 rounds on some new builds to eleviate that.

However these are some of the things that can cause that also.

Mis-aligned gas tube. (make sure its straight in the upper)
    Loose gas key (although if its staked, cant be that)
    bent charging handle
    Out of spec or cracked carrier ( rare)

Do you have another BCG you can stick in there?

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    100 rounds of self ejecting each one? Seems a little unreasonable. I expect that when I buy a new item it works out of the box.

Yea, I found a local shop that had a bcg and we got it running good.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Great products.

Thanks JOEMAC for coming by. We do sell individual parts from the smallest roll pin to Complete custom rifles. We have plenty of just about anything. For those interested in parts, please make an appointment by email at pf15@pf15.com. We have a 6500 SF shop with test fire capability, Racks and racks of parts. Just for starters: 100+ of our own billet uppers, 100+ PF Billet Lowers, 400+ Troy Handguards, 100+ Samson Handguards, 500+ YHM Handguards, 100+ Daniel Defense Handguards, 1,000 Pmags, 1,000+ Magpul Stocks of all types, over 1,000 pistol grips of all types and brands, 300+ Barrels, 700+ Carrier Groups, 400+ BCM charging handles. And we just started carrying Class 3, Short barreled Uppers and Rifles, Suppressors (silencers), For LE only: Full Autos. We also have ammunition in 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 300 AAC Blackout, 308, and 260 Remington. "we carry 99% USA made, 100% not chinese made!"

Our prices are fair and competitive.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms
    www.precisionfirearms.com

Hey Mark :thumbsup:, I know you will not remember, but we met at the Timonium show a few months ago. I had bought a billet upper and lower from Bob Bollenger's several months ago of yours, that I was saving to do a SBR some time next year, if I even can anymore.....:sad20: With all the back and forth talk about yes after OCT 1 you can still build one, or NO...you cannot build it after OCT1....who really knows about it. But I really like the fit and finish of your products and would love to stop by if I am ever down that way. Just a long drive....I will be needing a few barrels in a couple months though, what brands do you carry, and who makes yours?

Marksman

Thanks JOEMAC for coming by. We do sell individual parts from the smallest roll pin to Complete custom rifles. We have plenty of just about anything. For those interested in parts, please make an appointment by email at pf15@pf15.com. We have a 6500 SF shop with test fire capability, Racks and racks of parts. Just for starters: 100+ of our own billet uppers, 100+ PF Billet Lowers, 400+ Troy Handguards, 100+ Samson Handguards, 500+ YHM Handguards, 100+ Daniel Defense Handguards, 1,000 Pmags, 1,000+ Magpul Stocks of all types, over 1,000 pistol grips of all types and brands, 300+ Barrels, 700+ Carrier Groups, 400+ BCM charging handles. And we just started carrying Class 3, Short barreled Uppers and Rifles, Suppressors (silencers), For LE only: Full Autos. We also have ammunition in 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 300 AAC Blackout, 308, and 260 Remington. "we carry 99% USA made, 100% not chinese made!"

Our prices are fair and competitive.

Mark Hostetter
    Precision Firearms
    www.precisionfirearms.com

Why don't you become an industry partner on MDS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom