• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I want to buy this....not many other choices if I want to keep it Glock magazine fed....
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=285845

I would like to put a Sig brace on it and build a pistol upper while I send in my NFA paperwork. From my understanding I can do this as long as it is new and not been assembled as a rifle. OR does that not apply to 9mm AR configuration? Can I even buy it as a pistol in MD?

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    100% legal

1. Buy it as a stripped lower.
    2. Build it as a pistol.
    3. Attach Sig SB15 arm brace.
    4. Shoot the crap out of it.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Which brand did you buy? I only want a Glock mag fed lower. Has anyone got any pics of the bolt machining that needs done for these?

Personally, I'm not a fan of Lone Wolf at all. For a 9mm lower that takes Glock mags I'd recommend DDLES.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I stopped in Continental a couple of hours ago. The guy didn't seem to think I could order in a lower if it was not .308. He didn't seem reral interested in finding out ether. He did show me a Just Right carbine. Seemed OK but I need to research some more....

No JR carbine for me mag release is unacceptable...... :-(

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    I just did some reading on AR15.com and apparently another company has taken over the build of DDLES. They should be starting up production again soon. That post was made yesterday.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I love my DDLES lower. Never had any issues. Glad someone is picking up where they left off.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    The DDLES is the only one with AR controls& last round hold open as far as I know? That is encouraging. My local dealer is checking into getting some of the Lone Wolf ones as soon as he gets back from his rockfishing trip. He only does long guns and formerly non-regulated AR's. He was unsure if he could sell me just the lower but we will see. Who is picking up on the DDLES production?

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    I just did some reading on AR15.com and apparently another company has taken over the build of DDLES. They should be starting up production again soon. That post was made yesterday.

Great news! Do you know the name of the new company or if they'll still use the Double Diamond name?

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Jon Beaudry was planning to go back into production with a cnc mill that he had financed, unsure of what he was going to produce. That was brought to a halt this week when he was found in default on his lease and the company holding the note demanded the return of the machine. The company that has taken over the production shop should be able to start up in the next few weeks and products/parts should be flowing soon. The machines are ready, the staff is ready, material is ready, just waiting for the Judge to give the go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom