• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Markp, I think you're playing the members here and I don't like it. You're playing Mr. Reasonable right now, but what you did in the following post should have resulted in a not only a ban from Cresap, but from this forum as well. I guess I was having a good day that day. There is absolutely NO excuse for posting an individual's personal info on an open forum followed by the threat of "Want more? Test me...". I don't know why Cresap banned you, but this post alone would be more than enough justification in my opinion:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=365109&postcount=43

It's not that I am "playing" mr. reasonable, nor am I playing the members. I think the first thing I did was acknowledge my mistakes from a year ago and take responsibility for that. I even linked the entire thread, because I am not trying to insinuate that my actions had nothing to do with it.

Your criticism of my previous posting is correct, I should not have done that. I was however upset with the impuning of my character at the time and unwilling to just sit there and allow people to not be truthful in their posting. Also, while pointing out that my post was inappropriate, it should be taken in context and not just cherry picked for one post. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=21833

They didn't ban me a year ago, and had they wanted to, they could have. I agree, that would be sufficient cause... BUT they didn't. I thought we had worked that out A LONG TIME AGO.

So March 3rd, I ask a question and get banned - FOR LIFE? Ya, I am a little confused as to the timing and the reasoning for it. If you think that the way I asked the question on March 3rd, 2010 was provokative or inappropriate... I'm happy to take the heat for that, but I don't believe it was. I was trying to be respectful and NOT bring a weapon that they would have had heart burn with.

If they took 9 months to come to the decision to ban me for the posts from last July, so be it. I apologize to you and the rest of the members here if you think I am some how playing you, but what do I have to gain from that? I am not fighting the ban, I have no expectation that they will recind this ban, and yes, I am disappointed that this was the route that they chose to pursue given recent events.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I don't base my opinion on them solely on Mark's post. People I know and respect have had issues with them and when combining all of the stories I trust to be true, then I stand by my opinion of them.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    MarkP: Don't know you, and nothing personal, but based on the threads below, and the continuing banter after Cresap's position was clarified, I might have banned you too.

Please don't @#$#@ it up for the rest of us.

No problem, I am open to criticism and yes, had they banned me LAST SUMMER when that discussion occurred I wouldn't have been surprised. I was banned after asking a question on March 3rd on this forum, which resulted in them sending me a letter dated the same.

I don't see how I can $%^#@ up for the rest of you, I'm banned. I won't violate that ban, there are plenty of other places to shoot.

Mark

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No problem, I am open to criticism and yes, had they banned me LAST SUMMER when that discussion occurred I wouldn't have been surprised. I was banned after asking a question on March 3rd on this forum, which resulted in them sending me a letter dated the same.

I don't see how I can $%^#@ up for the rest of you, I'm banned. I won't violate that ban, there are plenty of other places to shoot.

Mark

Based on what I've now read, I'm wondering why it took this long. When i read your post, I figured there was more to this than you were acknowledging. This proved to be true.

Sorry Mark. You earned this one. You'd been much better off if you hadn't posted the ban and used it as a learning experience. As DD214 stated, lucky for you he was in a good mood or you wouldn't be posting here either.

My .02

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    What Markp did in the old thread, where he basically challenged the mods, is kind of a dick move. Posting the letter with the guy's name on it, that was (by my standard) perfectly fine. [Yes, the mods have every right to do whatever they want, and if their rule is that if someone doesn't want their personal information (name, etc) posted here they'll remove it, then that's fine too, Mark eventually acknowledged this] But like he said, that was 6+ months ago, and if they were going to ban him for it they should have done so then.

When I found out I was moving to Frederick, I read the forum and found that Cresap came highly recommended. Once I got to Frederick, those people whom I know that are shooters did not recommend it at all. I've been there once. It was nice enough. I didn't care for the target distances (I was shooting my pistols), but I very much appreciated having somewhere open to the public (albeit 1 or 2 days a week). The people in Frederick who told me not to go to Cresap said it was because the RSOs were a little over the top (I've shot with one of them, and I know he's an experienced and very safe shooter), which they seemed to think was counterproductive for new shooters, I won't repeat the exact words they used. The one time I went, I did feel a little scrutinized, but no one said a word to me. I understand that they don't want to have accidents, and that their lease prohibits the use of Class 3 items on their range, but it seems that the major problem people have with them isn't their range rules but rather their attitude. YMMV

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This looks like it's gone far enough and there's not much more to be accomplished here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom