• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Hope everyone is have a good new year so far.

Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center has reviewed and revamped our safety training requirements for ALL shooters as well as our policies.

Starting January 1st, 2013 we are now requiring ALL members and non-members using our range to complete an online safety course and registration. Even if you have been to Loch Raven before, this is a requirement. We have a computer set up at our facility, but it's easier and faster to do this online.

Go to our website. Click on the SAFETY drop box and then click NEW SHOOTER REGISTRATION. Read the rules, watch the safety videos, take the quiz, and fill out the registration. Doesn't take long.

http://www.lochravenskeettrap.com

Shooters will also see a much higher presence of staff on the fields and zero tolerance for unsafe behaviors. These new policies are not meant as an inconvenience, but instead as a way to keep our facility safe and to enhance everyone's shooting experience.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be shooting there Sunday morning... Definitely saved me some time.
    It's the only range I've never felt unsafe at and I've never seen anyone acting unsafe. My only gripe is on crowded days you're on your own to get a field.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Sounds good will do. Ive always enjoyed LRSAT. I must ask though, was there an incident?

NO. But like any range, there are minor infractions, mostly by new shooters, but certainly not always new shooters. Things like loading your gun before it's your turn in the shooting station. Using goose loads instead of target loads. Stepping out beyond the skeet houses to retrieve your spent hull.

I think every range should periodically review their procedures and become more vigilant when it comes to safety. This is what we have done. It's been working well so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom