• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Admittedly, part of me was setting this up for the age old, "I heard it's illegal to carry a >10 mag in MD..." myth, kinda just to :poke: (:secret: for those who don't know, it is only illegal if you commit a crime).

BUT...then I got to thinking...isn't letting someone borrow (as in, take home...away from my supervision) a std cap mag an illegal transfer of the magazine under FSA2013?

Does:

apply to magazines as well? I'm actually not trying to be flippant here (believe it or not...for once). I hadn't thought about it like that before, but maybe my father and I don't have to go to PA for switch-a-rooing our long term loans of magazines. :shrug:
    Applies to magazines as well.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The third paragraph in his post covers loans. He just included all of it, even though part is not relevant.
    That is federal law, not Maryland law. Maryland law requires an HQL for a rental (Defined in State Statute as leaving the premises), Maryland law DOES NOT require an HQL for a loan.

Under federal law, a 4473 is not required for either a loan or a rental.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    That is federal law, not Maryland law. Maryland law requires an HQL for a rental (Defined in State Statute as leaving the premises), Maryland law DOES NOT require an HQL for a loan.

Under federal law, a 4473 is not required for either a loan or a rental.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm addressing the reply you made to him previously, not trying to litigate the whole thread.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    And as mentioned, even with the changes in the MD law, that portion was not changed by recent changes
    This is the only answer needed. It answers the question by addressing the facts as they are with the new legislation. No editorialization, no snark, no stones thrown.

I'm really glad we have people here that take the time to read through all the posts here in all the threads we have about MD's laws, both pending and on the books. Most people are unable to do this. Even if someone IS able to do this, between conflicting info in the threads, the multiple thread drifts, the personal attacks etc etc in the 1,000+ post threads, it is very easy to miss the actual facts about the laws. That's why threads like this are super helpful. Clear question at the top, quick answer right below it.

Thank you OP for asking, and thanks to the people who answered the question (with or without snark).

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    This is the only answer needed. It answers the question by addressing the facts as they are with the new legislation. No editorialization, no snark, no stones thrown.

I'm really glad we have people here that take the time to read through all the posts here in all the threads we have about MD's laws, both pending and on the books. Most people are unable to do this. Even if someone IS able to do this, between conflicting info in the threads, the multiple thread drifts, the personal attacks etc etc in the 1,000+ post threads, it is very easy to miss the actual facts about the laws. That's why threads like this are super helpful. Clear question at the top, quick answer right below it.

Thank you OP for asking, and thanks to the people who answered the question (with or without snark).
    I agree.

However, I must say that we live in a world where many, many people want firearms to go away.

Many, many other people, who see the world realistically, are arming themselves to protect themselves and their families. They want to know how to accomplish that legally, particularly in Maryland where the laws are so confusing and generally Anti.

Those folks may come here looking for some guidance. This isn't the easiest site for a first-timer to navigate. They get SNARK. Well Good For You!

I grew up in a Gun Shop and I can't keep up with the ******** laws this state's legislature pumps out AGAINST US. Those laws stand, until defeated in court.

Stuff the Snark. We lose ground every day. How about just being helpful. Maybe our numbers would grow and not shrink.

Thanks to all of those who are helpful and welcoming.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I carry my brothers lcp. Never found out about the law. I figured since it’s my brother…he had no hesitation giving to me to carry so…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom