Another keeper for sure.

Attachments

• Llama  45acp.jpg
      Llama 45acp.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 252

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ahh the good old Llama......shooting people in their own dick since the 1930's.

The Llama is responsible for 75% of accidential vasectomies in Washington D.C.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Ahh the good old Llama......shooting people in their own dick since the 1930's.

The Llama is responsible for 75% of accidential vasectomies in Washington D.C.

Who's up for a group buy so we can donate them to all the Politicians in DC? :D

That's one gene pool that really needs a heavy dose of chlorine.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    4th mag from the left, looks like one of the baseplate screws is about to fall out. I had to loctite mine.

Nice pistol!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought one of these new very early 80's when I was a poor Sailor and could not afford a Colt. After maybe 500 rounds the gun became very loose. I could rock the slide from side to side on the frame like no other 1911 I have ever held. One day while shooting the slide failed to stay retracted when the last shot was fired. Looking at the gun I saw that the detent in the slide actually sheared off. Like a knife had slide a length off of a board. I was bummed but realized the gun was just of very poor quality. I saved and bought a Series 70 Colt. What did I do with the Llama? I tossed it overboard in Corpus Christi Bay. Llama would not warranty the gun and I was afraid next shot the slide might come right off the frame so in the drink it went.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    Similar bad experience with a Llama .380 I bought in the late 60's. Just thought it felt cheap and a bit shoddy. Got rid of it at first opportunity.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    that mag floorplate gave me fits for some reason tapping it for the pad. I had to use a different screw. never got around to blacking it out.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    She is not C&R And yes a bit loose. But fun to shoot. I think I will keep her in my collection. I reload for her so keep the loads light. Not a carry piece by any means.

Just wanted to share the pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom