• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    I'll be interested to hear what you hear. As volatile and confusing as things have been, I wouldn't be surprised if things may have changed again, but I swear on Tuesday, that's what he told me.

I hope your paperwork is in or he releases to you tomorrow.

Good luck and I'll be interested to hear the news.

Rob

Due to a club activity, it will be late afternoon before I can get in there but I will be there.:)

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I would love to see the stats that show just how many Handguns are bought at a FFL Dealer then used in a criminal act by the ORIGINAL purchaser in the 1st year of ownership.......:rolleyes:

Average age of guns used in crimes is roughly 11 years old. It's a bad stat that doesn't directly address your question, but it's what we have.

Sorry, don't have time right now to dig into the links to see if your question is directly answered.

Dave T

In the list in the OP, Bollinger Gunsmithing is listed in the Releasing with Conditions section, yet the "condition" listed is "none".

Also, for Barts it says "Wait for call", but a couple folks here said that Barts said just come by after two weeks. Which is correct?

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    In the list in the OP, Bollinger Gunsmithing is listed in the Releasing with Conditions section, yet the "condition" listed is "none".

Also, for Barts it says "Wait for call", but a couple folks here said that Barts said just come by after two weeks. Which is correct?

I did a big change on the OP, thank you for catching that slip up.

Ive heard 2 week backlog and wait for call. Give them a call and report back your finding, For Barts.

fordluver4x4

Jun 20, 2013

They are also listed in the releasing w/o 77r section. I talked to them a few days ago and they said they are releasing after 8 days, my gun hasn't come in yet though so I can't confirm from actually having picked up a gun from them.

Edit: nvm list was updated...

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    I just left Gunrunners, bob said he released a bunch already until they shut the NICS down. Shame on us that did not keep in touch with him. He wants a NICS before a release. notice I said he "wants" not needed. He said that he expects to get the "go ahead" sometime this coming week (all ffls?) when he does, he is letting everything go, no conditions.
    I told him I didn't want the MSP coming after my handgun later. He said don't worry, it's the law, it will be legal. He will call. I noticed two "in baskets" on the counter with about 10 each of NDs. He told a customer they were 3/19s.

I drove past Glad Valley. He actually had a Open sign on the door and two cars were parked outside. :lol:

rnfeliciano

Snoopyboy
    Feb 2, 2013
    I went to the first FFL that I went to in Hagerstown. He wont release because he says he needs the NICS. He has not heard any clarification

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Actually all he needs legally is DISAPPROVED in 7 days from MSP. But each FFL has to do what they are comfortable with doing. They can always be sued civilly even if no law was broken.

spr1

Aug 2, 2010
    White Marsh confirmed, again, that they will not release without a form back from the state police. Guess who won't be getting my business after they free my gun?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They can always be sued civilly even if no law was broken.

I'm just waiting to read about the first person to sue an FFL for not releasing per the law. Its a matter of time really. Everyone claiming victory in the recent lawsuit, but some FFLs not budging? Sounds ripe for the picking to me.

Actually all he needs legally is DISAPPROVED in 7 days from MSP. But each FFL has to do what they are comfortable with doing. They can always be sued civilly even if no law was broken.

^ Exactly, the fear of lawsuits.
    We all must remember that when all is said and done the law says that dealers "MAY" release on the eighth day. And unfortunately that discretion by the dealer leaves the civil liability door wide open with the light on to attract mosquitoes and other blood-suckers (lawyers).

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I did a big change on the OP, thank you for catching that slip up.

Ive heard 2 week backlog and wait for call. Give them a call and report back your finding, For Barts.

I was at Bart's yesterday to fill out the paperwork for a transfer. They told me to come back in 2 weeks to pick up my gun. This is my first transaction with them, i.e., I'm not a known customer, previous ND, etc.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I'm just waiting to read about the first person to sue an FFL for not releasing per the law. Its a matter of time really. Everyone claiming victory in the recent lawsuit, but some FFLs not budging? Sounds ripe for the picking to me.

They can't be sued for not releasing after 8 days. The says they MAY, not MUST. As much as I hate waiting the dealers not releasing after 8 days are not breaking the law, but we know who they are and we need to avoid giving them any business after this is cleared up. THEY don't want to work with us so why would we want to work with them.

Eam668

May 20, 2013
    Harford County,Md
    White Marsh confirmed, again, that they will not release without a form back from the state police. Guess who won't be getting my business after they free my gun?

White marsh and Continental are the same owners, I'm avoiding them both once mine is released from Continentals cold dark cave. I'm going to support FFL dealers who release on time.

Feb 28, 2013
    ^ Exactly, the fear of lawsuits.
    We all must remember that when all is said and done the law says that dealers "MAY" release on the eighth day. And unfortunately that discretion by the dealer leaves the civil liability door wide open with the light on to attract mosquitoes and other blood-suckers (lawyers).

I'm sure that one word was bought and paid for by slip-and-fall lawyers everywhere.

Daiuy

May 31, 2013

I will know Monday because that is what he told me when my wife and I purchased two pistols on June 8th.

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    I just left Gunrunners, bob said he released a bunch already until they shut the NICS down. Shame on us that did not keep in touch with him. He wants a NICS before a release. notice I said he "wants" not needed. He said that he expects to get the "go ahead" sometime this coming week (all ffls?) when he does, he is letting everything go, no conditions.
    I told him I didn't want the MSP coming after my handgun later. He said don't worry, it's the law, it will be legal. He will call. I noticed two "in baskets" on the counter with about 10 each of NDs. He told a customer they were 3/19s.

I drove past Glad Valley. He actually had a Open sign on the door and two cars were parked outside. :lol:

I'm reading then that you didn't get your gun today. :sad20:

Hopefully next week.

Maybe I'll see you in there.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

The law says MAY, not SHALL. Huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom