• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    This lawsuit was completely worthless. Nothing has changed. Waiting on a 5/13 from Continental Arms. They still won't release under any circumstance.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    So....

It's worthless if you don't get what YOU want.... Lovely.

This is an effort to correct the issue for the whole state, one step at a time.

Today was huge, IMO. It now sets the stage for the coming months, and for us to reclaim the purchase process.

Those dealers who choose not to release? Well, it's their right under current law (and they'll likely suffer long-term in a free economy).

My new 1911 is still in jail.
    (ironically at one of the 1st 8th-day shops)

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    So....

Today was huge, IMO. It now sets the stage for the coming months, and for us to reclaim the purchase process.

Those dealers who choose not to release? Well, it's their right under current law (and they'll likely suffer long-term in a free economy).

Mine is too!

Dec 31, 2012

Very big day for a small step in Maryland. :thumbsup:
    Official verification that the state must follow the laws.

I am looking to do a transfer soon and you can be sure I will be picking an 8th day release FFL.

clutchNthrottle

Deadpooligan
    Feb 2, 2012
    Harford
    Ok, so this box is checked now, one down, one to go, let's roll-up our sleeves and knock down the next barrier... the ATF and the NICS number.

This is what all the FFLs are concerned about.

Let's start pushing until they officially clarify what's stated in the Federal law and and already addressed in the FAQ.

Can MSI sue the ATF?

We need to keep pushing buttons until they respond.

Once this hurdle is cleared the FFLs will have nothing to legally fear.

(sorry IH8, had to borrow you're posting style for this one)

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Contact the ATF and ask for them to write a open letter to the Maryland FFLs just like they did for California. I've been saying this over and over. That is the most we can do on our end.

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Success! I got to pick up my firearm from Atlantic Guns Rockville this afternoon. I needed to show them paperwork from a previous regulated firearm purchase (paperwork could be from any reputable shop, not just Atlantic) and I had to sign a liability waiver. Good luck to the rest of you.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I was just talking to my FFL and he said he would love to release, but he has not been given direction on what to do with form 4473, specifically questions 21b through 23.

Any FFLs (or lucky ones) know what to do if anything?

Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    So....

No. Not because of what I want. Because MSP basically acknowledged the problem and the lawsuit was dropped. In a state as anti 2A as Maryland, I really doubt they will feel much pressure from the courts to honor their commitment to clearing the backlog and respecting the rights of their citizens. The real victory for us will be when the MSP 77R comes back in 8 days. We're all in this together we can't be selfish.
    I picked up my 1911 from 3/4 on 5/28 so I imagine how all the first time buyers feel. We need to restore our Rights in Maryland. Don't be so quick to claim victory.

Last edited:

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    So....

+1

Has an official response from the AG been seen yet? When I read the docs, all I saw was the MSP dancing around with wordplay that basically makes excuses for their shortcomings and them citing the COMAR as a way to say the plaintiffs didn't have grounds for their complaint. I agree...let the FFL's stew and the free market will decide the penalties after 10/1/13. The FFL's will need us after 10/1 (remember that we buy the goods that keep their doors open) and the ones that stood with us before should be the ones that get our support after.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    Just picked up my XM-15 E2S from Atlantic Guns in Silver (3/28). It took longer for the guys to find it than it took me to drive there!

I'm happy, time to put in my paperwork for a RR 556!

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I was just talking to my FFL and he said he would love to release, but he has not been given direction on what to do with form 4473, specifically questions 21b through 23.

Any FFLs (or lucky ones) know what to do if anything?

This information is provided in my OP:

If no NICS # is provided by the 8th day to the FFL from MSP, the FFL may leave section 21b blank on a 4473. It says right on the section(if provided).

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    No. Not because of what I want. Because MSP basically acknowledged the problem and the lawsuit was dropped. In a state as anti 2A as Maryland, I really doubt they will feel much pressure from the courts to honor their commitment to clearing the backlog and respecting the rights of their citizens. The real victory for us will be when the MSP 77R comes back in 8 days. We're all in this together we can't be selfish.
    I picked up my 1911 from 3/4 on 5/28 so I imagine how all the first time buyers feel. We need to restore our Rights in Maryland. Don't be so quick to claim victory.

I understand the frustration... Remember, I'm right there with you.

But I'm also involved enough on the "other" side to see that this is a bigger battle.

A battle... not for our newest gun, but for the Right itself. Capital "R"

Maryland really is actively attempting to rip it from us, and make us mere subjects. Any step closer to preventing that really IS a "win." I need you to trust me on that.

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    I intended to stop by tomorrow. I am surprised Bob changed his mind, even with the suit. I am only 4 weeks in, so he still may not release to me yet. He did say when we did the paperwork, 5/25, that I probably wouldn't have to wait as long.

It's 21 hrs per day, 7 days per week

I'll be interested to hear what you hear. As volatile and confusing as things have been, I wouldn't be surprised if things may have changed again, but I swear on Tuesday, that's what he told me.

I hope your paperwork is in or he releases to you tomorrow.

Good luck and I'll be interested to hear the news.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom