• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    With 49 pages of posts, most of which have nothing to do with who or is not releasing on time, I am getting confused.
    I am wondering if someone with more time than I can filter through this information and post a list ff who now is 1)releasing on time, 2)on time with conditions, or 3)not releasing until receiving ND notice from MSP?

Refresh complete

IANMCALL Thanks allot for doing this great list and sifting through the BS to keep it updated. Because of this list I asked when I was at Barts about my Beretta Nano and got it within a month. I wouldn't have even thought to ask were it not for this thread. Now I gotta wait for Blue Fins but, hopefully Delegate Smigiel and MSI will get us back in business. Thanks again!:D

RTM

Scopenhagen

Oct 27, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    IANMCALL Thanks allot for doing this great list and sifting through the BS to keep it updated. Because of this list I asked when I was at Barts about my Beretta Nano and got it within a month. I wouldn't have even thought to ask were it not for this thread. Now I gotta wait for Blue Fins but, hopefully Delegate Smigiel and MSI will get us back in business. Thanks again!:D

RTM

I second this, I'm waiting for two firearms from Atlantic Guns Rockville and this forum is the only updates I rely on without having to call and hear they're waiting to decide still. Thanks again.

Garv

Jun 17, 2013
    I just returned from Hafers they are not releasing without msp approval. 72 days and waiting for me.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I was in Freds today and over heard one of the salesmen talking with a new customer. I am pretty sure he said they were following Maryland law and releasing on the 8th day. Maybe someone will verify.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I was in Freds today and over heard one of the salesmen talking with a new customer. I am pretty sure he said they were following Maryland law and releasing on the 8th day. Maybe someone will verify.

You were there and didnt inquire what their policy was:rolleyes: Im disappointed comrade. I currently have them releasing to those with "ND" but is very possibly that they upgraded their policy sense I last received a report.

I just returned from Hafers they are not releasing without msp approval. 72 days and waiting for me.

From my last conversation with Tim(the owner) this is not true. However it is owner discretion. You must be able to have some form of proof that you can and have passed a background check. He also has a LARGE backlog he is working through. Next conversation him and I have I will confirm.

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    That's the Fred's they are talking about. GO BAMA.

Thanks. That's sort of what I figured. BTW, Roll Tide. ;) Man I can't wait until football season.

The reason I ask is because up to a week or two ago they were adamant about not releasing on the 8th day. My wife has a purchase there that she has been waiting on for about 40 days now and they were not releasing early then (to first purchasers for there at least). It's worth checking to see if anything has changed. I can verify perhaps tomorrow and report back.

jdsteele

May 21, 2013
    Minor update from Bart's Sports World. (According to several dudes behind Bart's counter)

Pick up in two weeks, starting from the day after you transferred or bought your gun.

Example: Bought it from Bart's/transferred to Bart's and submitted paperwork at Bart's on Monday 17 June, pick up on Tuesday 2 July.

Don't call, just show up, get your gun, leave happy.

That's what they said, "Don't call, just show up in two weeks and get your gun. We're too busy for all the calls".

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Minor update from Bart's Sports World. (According to several dudes behind Bart's counter)

Pick up in two weeks, starting from the day after you transferred or bought your gun.

Example: Bought it from Bart's/transferred to Bart's and submitted paperwork at Bart's on Monday 17 June, pick up on Tuesday 2 July.

Don't call, just show up.

That's great... if they've cleared the backlog.

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    Got off the phone a while ago with gun rack in Burtonsville. They are releasing early. Was told I can pick up Thursday.

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    I just noticed that the DC/previous ND conditions got removed for Engage Armament dated 6/15, can anyone say anything about that change?

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I just noticed that the DC/previous ND conditions got removed for Engage Armament dated 6/15, can anyone say anything about that change?

I spoke with Andy, he would like to see some form of proof that you have and can pass a MSP check. That includes but not limited to DC letter and previous ND. It is owners discretion. Bring him what you got and ask if he'll accept it.

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    I spoke with Andy, he would like to see some form of proof that you have and can pass a MSP check. That includes but not limited to DC letter and previous ND. It is owners discretion. Bring him what you got and ask if he'll accept it.

Thanks, that clears it up a bit, though I have no idea what else can prove that you can pass MSP check beyond those two.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Thanks, that clears it up a bit, though I have no idea what else can prove that you can pass MSP check beyond those two.

Some dealers are accepting the following. Again it is owners discretion on a case by case basis.

Carry Permit
    Military ID
    LEO ID
    Paperwork for previous "ND" from own store or other
    Previous Customer
    Previous Long Gun Purchase with NICS
    Top Secret Security Clearance
    Basically anything that proves you can legally own a gun.

Some dealers are even running a Maryland Judiciary Check. Put your name in the system to see if you've been picked up for anything since your last background check.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Some dealers are even running a Maryland Judiciary Check. Put your name in the system to see if you've been picked up for anything since your last background check.

Ian, you bring up a good question. Outside of the obvious NICS check, how much of the MD information can an FFL access on their own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom