• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougNg

Mar 2, 2013
    First time poster =)

Just got back from Worth-A-Shot. They are releasing after 10 days, so long as you are one of the following

1) previous customer with them with a recent ND
    2) LEO
    3) active military
    3) Designated collector

You will need to sign a waiver

I recently had an ND with them (Early May) so they released my Glock 19 and Sig P226.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    First time poster =)

Just got back from Worth-A-Shot. They are releasing after 10 days, so long as you are one of the following

2) LEO
    3) active military
    3) Designated collector

I recently had an ND with them (Early May) so they released my Glock 19 and Sig P226.

Ugh. Glad you got your guns.

This sucks for people like myself who are new customers. :rolleyes: I guess I'll be going to Constitutional or 2A Sales for the P30 and G19 I wanted to pick up before 1 Oct....

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    First time poster =)

2) LEO
    3) active military
    3) Designated collector

Thanks, we'll update the info. Can anyone confirm what's the proper address for Uncommon Arms in Columbia?

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    What I would like to see on this thread is the reasoning for FFL's that are not complying. I have one at A&D Pawn and one at Accurate Pawn. Just a thought.:sad20:

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    Because they don't have to. That's all the reason they need.

thats about right.. It is what it is. I was able to pick up from On Target and Barts so I guess I just have to wait for my glocks. oh well.. they are the ones what are gonna lose business. I cant say enough about the good experiences i have had at Barts. They are very good people.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    Will they send in new purchases with "EIGHT DAY RELEASE" and release new purchases? If he does that eventually everything will be back to normal in a few months.

When an FFL uses the mail instead of fax:
    1. You fill out the original paperwork
    2. FFL mails it to the MSP
    3. On the 8th day you show up to take posession of your firearm and the original paperwork is not there for you to sign and date.

Even if the FFL allowed me, I would never pre-sign saying I took posession of a firearm I never received. :eek:

Besides, with this idea, what would prevent a dishonest FFL from backdating the paperwork and skipping the whole 7 days to begin with?

The 8th day release process only appears to work for FFLs who use the fax system. That way they still have the original paperwork for you to sign, then they can mail it to the MSP with the required EIGHTH DAY RELEASE wording attached. And the MSP will match that original to the faxed version previously received, proving you actually waited the 7 days.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    What I would like to see on this thread is the reasoning for FFL's that are not complying. I have one at A&D Pawn and one at Accurate Pawn. Just a thought.:sad20:

When you get a chance...go ahead and stop in at A&D. ..Ask them and listen to their logic for not releasing. They have A paper which is the Blog from Del. Smigiel. They are basically quoting a section of one of the first paragraphs "Licensees must comply with both state AND federal laws" ....and then he quoted del. Smigiel saying " the letter from MSP is Tainted" .mand a few other things.
    I tried to explain to them The things that they were stating were the ORIGINAL REASONS for FFLs not releasing. I said, you need to read into that further where it actually lists ANSWERS to all the questions most FFLs had. Especially the info. About NOT NEEDING THE NICS #. They kept going back to the beginning of the blog. It was like they literally couldn't understand it. I'VE GIVEN UP ON THEM!
    I really can't tell you what their problem is. Basically I think , they just don't give a Sh!@. They have had all of my money since day one. They have enough storage space. What incentive do they have to release my gun to me on time?
    The fact that the ONLY THING THEY DID As far as checking into releasing without the MSP APP coming back, was read that copy of the blog there in their shop.
    Well , I can say this. They lost my business. I Got my collector letter last week. Today I went to Bart's and bought 2 new handguns. 2 that I would've bought from A&D. I won't be sending any co-workers their way anymore either. I've given that shop Thousands of dollars of business over the years

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    What I would like to see on this thread is the reasoning for FFL's that are not complying.

Ditto.

I'm a long time loyal customer of my local dealer (Gunrunners) and if he can give a reasonable, satisfactory reason why he's not releasing, I'm willing to listen. If not, I'm done there, and I won't ever set foot in his store again after I collect the two rifles I have that are currently being held there.

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    When you get a chance...go ahead and stop in at A&D. ..Ask them and listen to their logic for not releasing. They have A paper which is the Blog from Del. Smigiel. They are basically quoting a section of one of the first paragraphs "Licensees must comply with both state AND federal laws" ....and then he quoted del. Smigiel saying " the letter from MSP is Tainted" .mand a few other things.
    I tried to explain to them The things that they were stating were the ORIGINAL REASONS for FFLs not releasing. I said, you need to read into that further where it actually lists ANSWERS to all the questions most FFLs had. Especially the info. About NOT NEEDING THE NICS #. They kept going back to the beginning of the blog. It was like they literally couldn't understand it. I'VE GIVEN UP ON THEM!
    I really can't tell you what their problem is. Basically I think , they just don't give a Sh!@. They have had all of my money since day one. They have enough storage space. What incentive do they have to release my gun to me on time?
    The fact that the ONLY THING THEY DID As far as checking into releasing without the MSP APP coming back, was read that copy of the blog there in their shop.
    Well , I can say this. They lost my business. I Got my collector letter last week. Today I went to Bart's and bought 2 new handguns. 2 that I would've bought from A&D. I won't be sending any co-workers their way anymore either. I've given that shop Thousands of dollars of business over the years

I like the guys in a&d but the guys at Barts have always been good to me also. I will be doing my business at Bart's just because they are releasing. I do have a firearm sitting at a&d but it is what it is. Buy somewhere they will release it to you.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    I like the guys in a&d but the guys at Barts have always been good to me also. I will be doing my business at Bart's just because they are releasing. I do have a firearm sitting at a&d but it is what it is. Buy somewhere they will release it to you.

I mentioned in that post, I Did purchase from an ffl releasing in time.
    You mentioned in your post that you would like the reason(s) why the particular FFLs were choosing to not release on time. Which is why I detailed their epic decision making process
    I like the guys at A&D also. But you would be a Moron to continue to go there and pay $1,000 so they can hold your piece for 3 or 4 months, because they are too ignorant to learn the law. when i can go to 6 other stores in my zip code and have it in a week.
    If they put a little more effort in learning the new process that most of the FFLs are adopting in regard to releasing on time.without the MSP app and NICS coming back...they would see . But I honestly think they just don't care.

Ilex_Opaca

Jun 3, 2013
    Anne Arundel
    Ron's Bay Pro Shop
    Dunkirk, MD
    I spoke with Ron on 6/7/2013. He does not use the fax system. He mails in the paperwork.

After receiving the 8th day release details from the MSP he called and spoke to a Sgt. and came to the conclusion there is simply no way he can comply with their procedure for an 8th day release, so he is waiting for the paperwork.

Sadly I agree with his conclusion. How can any FFL who mailes the paperwork "clearly print across the top of the original 'hard copy' application... EIGHTH DAY RELEASE" when the original hard copy was sent to the MSP?

I guess technically there is no law that requires a second copy be sent, but it is his FFL, not mine. I did my paperwork in the middle of April and the paperwork he is getting back is from the end of March. Hopefully only a couple weeks more.

I have 2 pistols waiting at Ron's. Last time I went by, one of his employees told me that they would be releasing after 3-4 weeks with a waiver.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Southern MD Options

I've bought previously from Accurate in Loveville. They are not releasing until ND received. Neither is Tackle Box. Bob's Sunoco and Cromwell's both are. You do the math as to where my next purchases won't be.

I understand and respect their positions. They should understand mine as well with time rapidly decreasing until the 1 OCT ban. I hope all FFLs come through this OK.

PrinceMike

Jun 3, 2013
    Cooter's Classic Firearms, Darlington

released to me with no further restrictions or waivers on the 19th day, All I had to do was ask.

I have not purchased from him before (i.e. no previous "ND"), but because he was such a pleasure to work with, he'll be seeing more of me. :)

marflyers

New gun owner
    May 4, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Picked up my wife's Glock 9mm yesterday as Eakle Firearms began releasing after 8 days. Hit the range today and 300 rounds. Her first pistol and she is very happy. Day 90 for mine from Bass Pro and calling MSP tomorrow as I went to review on either 3/9 or 3/11. I was given both dates from MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom