List of states that recognize Utah non-resident CCW permit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Looking for confirmation. As seen on :

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

I count 28 states, not counting Utah. I have read 27 here on the site. Am I missing something?

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

Thanks

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I must really be missing somthing...I read through that link and back to square 1.

Sorry, I did a fly by.

Upper left hand corner of that page, there's a link to create a license map: http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Check off Utah and click submit and you'll get a map of states that honor their permit. Take note of the states that do not recognize non-resident permits and strike them from your list.

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Sorry, I did a fly by.

Upper left hand corner of that page, there's a link to create a license map: http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Check off Utah and click submit and you'll get a map of states that honor their permit. Take note of the states that do not recognize non-resident permits and strike them from your list.

Roger on the fly by......

Did that, but it does not give you the "non-resident" option as does the link in the original post and that makes a big difference.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    See post: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=638783&postcount=1

"The Utah Concealed firearms permit is recognized by 27 states when held by a Maryland resident" ( no list provided)

I count 28 using the non-resident feature on the maps shown on usacarry.com. Looking to see where the "one" is sliping in or out.

Thanks.

Isn't the Florida permit good in more states than that? I have both Utah and Florida but I seem to remember Florida being like 30 states that it was honored in. I thought it was only like one more state than Utah.

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Isn't the Florida permit good in more states than that? I have both Utah and Florida but I seem to remember Florida being like 30 states that it was honored in. I thought it was only like one more state than Utah.

Hey 3rd! ain't seen ya in some time. Hope all is well.

I hear what you are saying about the FL permit. That one is also on my list to get.

Right now I'm just trying to FULLY understand what I currently have.

Take care.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Hey 3rd! ain't seen ya in some time. Hope all is well.

I hear what you are saying about the FL permit. That one is also on my list to get.

Right now I'm just trying to FULLY understand what I currently have.

Take care.

Yeah, been a while my friend, maybe I'll get ya down this way for a steel plate match or somethin soon. Recovering from some surgery at the moment so I've been locked up in the house for the past 4 weeks and for the next four to come it seems. Might have to do a Cresap day or a Delta day some time soon.

I can't remember for sure but I thought that Florida was about 30 states and it's pretty easy to get, you shouldn't have any problem with your NRA stuff. I just got the Utah myself so I understand the need to examine exactly where your legal.

Semper Fi brother!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Since AK does not require a permit but you listed it, perhaps that is where the discrepancy is

.Maybe the other thread didn't count it.?

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Since AK does not require a permit but you listed it, perhaps that is where the discrepancy is

.Maybe the other thread didn't count it.?

VT doesn't require one either...so that would be 2 less. I think maybe it was just a typo on the trainer's website? ...or maybe the trainer didn't add NE to his count back in Aug 2009?

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.

Same map as seen in the original post from usacarry.com

I have come to believe that the culprit state that was missed was WV due to it not accepting no-resident permits till late 09. Though there are some states that don't require permits they are still listed as states that would recognize the Utah non-resident permit on the maps that are apparently used by most. The one that seems to be the better of the ones I have seen is the one linked by proshooter and the active map on usacarry.com linked in the original post.

Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom