• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Please come out and show your support or help volunteer to line the streets for fallen Frederick soldier Sgt David V Williams who was killed in Afghanistan last week. Thursday morning please come out and line the streets from Stauffers Funeral Home to Ft Deatrick to show your support for this fallen hero and his family.

Last edited:

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    The Patty Pollatos Fund, Inc. Website
    BREAKING NEWS: Frederick soldier dies in Afghanistan
    To Honor the return of Sgt. David V. Williams, 24
    Our community is meeting at Stauffer Funeral Home located at 1621 Opossumtown Pike
    Frederick, MD 21702 for the next 2 days to line the streets with American flags.
    Please come and join us, we have some flags available or bring your own to line the streets
    We are in need of Volunteers to stand for Sgt. David V. Williams
    Please call 301-748-4241 to let us know you can.
    Times needed for Volunteers are:
    Tuesday - 2 to 5 pm
    Tuesday - 5 to 8 pm
    Wednesday - 4 to 7 am
    Wednesday - 7 to 10 am
    Wednesday - 2 to 5 pm
    Wednesday - 5 to 8 pm
    Thursday - 6:30 am until he leaves estimated to be 10:30 am from Fort Detrick
    Funeral Service scheduled for 7:30 am Thursday morning at Fort Detrick
    Please meet 6:30 Thursday morning at Stauffer Funeral Home before lining the street of Opossumtown Pike to his funeral service at Fort Detrick entrance at Opossumtown Pike.
    Sgt. David V. Williams will be exiting Fort Detrick 7th Street exit for his final resting place at
    Arlington Cemetery approximately 10:30 am and we will line the streets out of Frederick.
    Please help us honor our Fallen Solider!
    A Frederick soldier died Saturday while serving in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense said in a news release late Tuesday.
    Sgt. David V. Williams, 24, was killed while serving in Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan. Williams was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington where he served in the 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Didn't see this until today, but saw plenty of folks honoring the route on the news. Love how patriotic Fredneck is!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I hate to ask this question but was Sgt Williams killed in action? When I read the story in the Frederick News Post it said his death was under investigation. That seemed odd to me.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I hate to ask this question but was Sgt Williams killed in action? When I read the story in the Frederick News Post it said his death was under investigation. That seemed odd to me.

He might be one of those killed by Afghan forces in a grenn on blue which I would imagine is treated not as a combat casualty but a murder, hence investigation. Again, it's pure conjecture on my part.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I think that the update will be listed here ...

http://icasualties.org/OEF/Fatalities.aspx

Currently it lists this ...

8-18-2012 US Williams, David V. Sergeant 24 Non-hostile Kandahar Kandahar U.S. Army Maryland Frederick 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA

Btw, found the above website through this poignant story ...

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/on-cnn-a-sons-photo-honors-a-fallen-soldier/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom