• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    25 Ridge Runner Lane Lewistown, PA 17044

Match fee is $25 and there will be six stages. I'm now opening registration, so if you are interested in shooting, please send me an e-mail and I will add you to the spreadsheet and forward details for payment. We are asking that you pre-register and pre-pay for the match. Also, if you know of any friends who may be interested, please let them know.

Thanks,
    Bob

Shoot Bob White an e-mail if you want to shoot.
    rowjimmy2008@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll update this thread with further info such as round count as things progress and Bob gets info to me. Stage design still needs to be finalized, but we wanted to get the word out about the date, for those who are looking for 3 gun matches. I know there's a few of you here, we appreciate you making the drive to our club.

Lewistown Pistol Club website

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    Great stages, interesting challenges, fun people to shoot with, no hassle.

It's hard to imagine a better set-up.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    It would be great for both of you guys to do. You both are completely safe, so at this point it's just familiarization and getting comfortable with the format.

Lewistown is a great venue for you both to take that next step. My prediction is that once you do a shoot there, you'll be hooked.

There's a very nice mix of some superior shooters there with some intermediates, and every match has some less experienced people as well. They're treated great and seem to definitely come back the next time.

My strong recommendation is that you both email Bob and let him know you're interested.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    It would be great for both of you guys to do. You both are completely safe, so at this point it's just familiarization and getting comfortable with the format.

Lewistown is a great venue for you both to take that next step. My prediction is that once you do a shoot there, you'll be hooked.

There's a very nice mix of some superior shooters there with some intermediates, and every match has some less experienced people as well. They're treated great and seem to definitely come back the next time.

My strong recommendation is that you both email Bob and let him know you're interested.

I second that. I am no 3 gun master (and my score shows it :lol2: ) but this match is a lot of fun and a good place to get some good experience with no pressure. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Has anyone heard back from Bob? I emailed him, but got no response. (I just want to make sure I get a spot...)

I hope there's sammiches and brownies again. How many 3 guns have you shot that had that? :thumbsup:

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Has anyone heard back from Bob? I emailed him, but got no response. (I just want to make sure I get a spot...)

I hope there's sammiches and brownies again. How many 3 guns have you shot that had that? :thumbsup:

I haven't but I would expect him to wait until he had a few more shooters so he could do a mass e-mail.

Those brownies were double chocolatey delicious. :party29::party29:

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    BTW, none of you "friends" told me about the brownies.

Not that I need any!

Did everybody see Bob is promising lots of challenging stages with lots of movers? I'm really looking forward to it.

What do you think Ben, Heavy Metal this time?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    What do you think Ben, Heavy Metal this time?

If the rifle count is under 40-50, then yes. :thumbsup:

30 round AR mags only hold 10 rounds of 'wulf, so I'll have to wear my thigh rig so I can carry 5-6 mags.

Mvc-005f.jpg

Does Lewistown have HM shooters only hit each target once, or will it still require two shots from HM? (some places only require 1 shot on target for HM...) At 400grs a bullet, I can't imagine what would need two shots. :D

I'm also using a brass catcher.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    It's in 2 days. Just a reminder...

Bob White said:
    I decided to drop the pistol only stages and am going to run 5 stages as follows: Shotgun and Pistol; Shotgun Only; Pistol and Rifle; Rifle and Pistol; Shotgun, Pistol and Rifle. Minimum round counts are as follows: 41 shotgun, 57 rifle, 63 pistol. Be sure to bring extra for misses and reshoots.

Shotgun ammo is birdshot only and no steel jacketed or steel/penetrator core for rifle ammo. You will be shooting one of our poppers with the rifle and while its AR500 steel, no m855, no m995 (as if you have any) and I'd prefer no Russian as the jacket is a bi-metal composition which includes steel.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Well thanks to 83 being shut down for an accident I was not able to make it. The delay would have made me late. I hope everyone had a great time. :party29::party29:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Yeah, I was stuck in that backup for 45 minutes. I was about 200 yards from the accident- I must have missed it by 30 seconds.

It was a great match. A few new movers were in it, including one piece of steel that triggered 3 clay launchers and two pieces of steel that triggered "rabbits" (rolling clays.) I shot heavy metal division with the Beowulf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom