• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Firefighters use streamlight. Haven't had a problem with them but I over heard a conversation about surefire flashlights. I was intrigued. What do most of the LEOs on the board carry and can anyone recommend a model. I have a polytach I use for work on the medic and a big red fire dept issued one on my coat. I was thinking of maybe something else.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Carried the same aluminum Streamlight SL-20 for over two decades. Great flashlight, never let me down and I abused the crap out of it. Carried an Eagle Tac for a little flashlight, worked great too.

Nothing wrong with Surefire but they are one of the most overrated and overpriced brands out there, IMHO.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them to be honest. I've had a few Surefire's over the years and they all worked and still do work great. One's bulb died finally after 8 years, so I'd say that's a pretty good life span! I have the Peacekeeper now, have had the G2X as an agency issued light, and still have my Executive Elite that they gave all the instructors back in 2006.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    http://m.qmuniforms.com/inova-t4-re...?PMSRCE=QM15&gclid=CM26jryEvswCFYQfhgodWiYPVA

This is what I'm currently carrying and it's now Dept issue. I actually gotta give them credit so far it's been a fantastic flashlight, maybe a little big for regular Joe to carry around on his belt but fantastic nonethe less. I had the same stream light polystinger and it was crap....pure crap. I broke 4. They all break at the beginning of the cone where the bulb is. The light produced by the regular stinger......is crap.....pure crap.

My suggestion is look into rechargeable it'll save you in the long run.

Now with all that stream light bitching above I did I carry a Streamlight Protac HL on my to and from work backpack and it's been fantastic. Greg at A1Uniform said it was a pretty decent light and he was correct. Sometimes a clip it on my Tac-vest and turn it on pointing down so when we hit low light search warrants it illuminates the room. My only gripe is batteries.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    Streamlight ProTac 2L here too. I've carried it on my duty belt for years and now I carry it in my pocket wearing civis.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Do you, or anyone else, have first hand experience with this light? Seem like a really great price if it's a good performer.

I know nothing about them. I went to look for a flashlight endcap for my ASP baton and found that. ASP's baton products are really good, but I know zero about their lights.

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    About two years ago someone here recommended the Pelican 8060/7060. I went with the 8060 and I love it. Our dept issued tiny streamlights and it was a pain in the ass. With the 8060 you get a great light with a great grip and some heft.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    About two years ago someone here recommended the Pelican 8060/7060. I went with the 8060 and I love it. Our dept issued tiny streamlights and it was a pain in the ass. With the 8060 you get a great light with a great grip and some heft.

Great great great product :party29:

Kind of big for regular Joe EDC

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    the flashlight needs to take the place of a baton if needed. in this case size dies matter.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Hit a deer coming back from my club meeting at AGC on Marriettsville road several months back. Deer was not dead and ran into the high grass by the road. I call 911 and reported the accident and was looking for the deer with my old Maglite. HOCO police show up and I explain what happen and shine my light into the grass. He hit his flashlight and it was like daylight! I was impressed. LED lights are great.

Good luck

Jerry

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I used a Surefire Z2 combat light for many years. I am sure it's still working, a hotel room cleaning lady in Kuwait City would know better than I would right now. :/
    I have a (maybe 20+ year old Surefire 9P classic) that I used in it's place for a little while until I discovered Fenix lights. I probably have 6 different models and love them all. Never a hiccup from any Surefire or Fenix light at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom