• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    X-Acto, my Pops started me making plastic models when I was about six.

After that though.. I think I found a Buck 103 Skinner in a park, all rusted and scratched up. I was probably in 5th or 6th grade. Eventually got a nice little Swiss Army Knife and in high school I collected stiletto knives. Now, I'm all over the map.. Spyderco folders, Kabars, Cold Steel, Emerson and Benchmade folders, carbon steel Japanese chef's knives, everything from tactical to practical.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    When I was 5 or 6 my dad gave me a Victorinox Swiss Army knife. You know the small key chain sized one.

I was so proud of that knife. I wish is still had it.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I wish I still had it.

Boy_Scout_knife_b_1.jpg

Yep, that was my first too. Got it when I turned 10, which was the age my parents told me I had to be in order to get a knife. Wish I still had it. My 8 year old son has a pretty good collection of knifes (against his mothers wishes), but he earned his first one selling popcorn for Cub Scouts.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I won a little crummy folder at the tiny town fair in my dad's home town of Whitmer, WV. Had wood sides and fake brass end caps. I may still have it in a box in my mom's basement, now I will have to look when I go home.

2nd one would be a knock-off "survival" knife my dad bought me when Rambo was popular. Had the compass in the handle, matches and fishing line inside, I thought it was the best thing ever.

Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    Another vote for a basic boyscout folder. I just bought my daughter her first floder for her 13th b-day...a little blue Swiss Army with a light and a pen...she loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom