• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I've been a police officer in Maryland for 30 years and neither I nor anyone I know has been sent out to collect guns or enforce the unconstitutional laws that I assume the poster with Nazi reference is bringing up.

Reductio ad absurdum....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not that anyone will care, but leo's here cannot state an opinion without getting hammered from blinding 2A enthusiasm from the masses. I'm not far off from not giving a crap and having the opinion of not caring because regardless, I'll still be able to carry and y'all fend for yourself. Good luck.
    It's not the LEO's here doing the segregating.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I've been a police officer in Maryland for 30 years and neither I nor anyone I know has been sent out to collect guns or enforce the unconstitutional laws that I assume the poster with Nazi reference is bringing up.

Reductio ad absurdum....

You're a cop??!? We need to talk!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Not that anyone will care, but leo's here cannot state an opinion without getting hammered from blinding 2A enthusiasm from the masses. I'm not far off from not giving a crap and having the opinion of not caring because regardless, I'll still be able to carry and y'all fend for yourself. Good luck.

This here makes a lot of sense.

It says a lot about the few LE's who have decided to stick around or post publically about the issue. Considering everytime a LE topic is brought up they get kicked in the nuts over and over again.

You would think people would be a bit more understanding of those LE's who do come on here, offer support, answer questions, etc. and not try and constantly bash or create hostility.

At the end of the day they seem to be pissing in the wind much more then the average citizen here in MD when it comes to CCW. They dont even HAVE to worry about it as they can CCW in all 50 states. I'm surprised any of them are willing to stay and waste their time here considering the vocal miniority that wants to run them off.

Here's a thought I offered in another thread. Who's willing to oppose every active duty soldier since they are in fact engaged in a unconstiutional war? Congress has not declared war yet they are killing citizens in their own country. The "war" effort currently engaged has not been been declared by congress is goes against the CONUS. Anyone willing to call the soliders jack booted thugs and comparing them to Nazi's? I mean that's only logical they are engaged in a war without the approval of Congress. Didnt think so.

It's not the police job to determine what laws are within or outside the scope of the CONUS. That's the wonderfulness of our 3 branch system of government.

Continue on.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I get the feeling we have lots of people in this world that got the thin envelope in the mail containing a rejection letter referencing their failed attempt to seek employment with one or more different police departments or federal agencies. The butt-hurt still flows through them and manifests itself in some of the threads we see here. That is all. Thank you and please drive through.

mrb2217

Jan 3, 2013
    The Isle of Kent, QA, MD
    This here makes a lot of sense.

It says a lot about the few LE's who have decided to stick around or post publically about the issue. Considering everytime a LE topic is brought up they get kicked in the nuts over and over again.

You would think people would be a bit more understanding of those LE's who do come on here, offer support, answer questions, etc. and not try and constantly bash or create hostility.

At the end of the day they seem to be pissing in the wind much more then the average citizen here in MD when it comes to CCW. They dont even HAVE to worry about it as they can CCW in all 50 states. I'm surprised any of them are willing to stay and waste their time here considering the vocal miniority that wants to run them off.

Here's a thought I offered in another thread. Who's willing to oppose every active duty soldier since they are in fact engaged in a unconstiutional war? Congress has not declared war yet they are killing citizens in their own country. The "war" effort currently engaged has not been been declared by congress is goes against the CONUS. Anyone willing to call the soliders jack booted thugs and comparing them to Nazi's? I mean that's only logical they are engaged in a war without the approval of Congress. Didnt think so.

It's not the police job to determine what laws are within or outside the scope of the CONUS. That's the wonderfulness of a multi party system.

Continue on.

Thank you for stating what is not obvious to 10 - 15 % of the people on this forum. I've heard from more then a few LEOs that frequent this forum, wether the contribute or lurk, that have been getting close to not caring anymore or wanting to help. Seems some people are more worried about if I can't carry then you can't either versus what can we do to ensure that we don't lose the rights we have right now.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Excellent points!

I know there are still some back woods depts that operate on the good ole boy system and the local deputy with an IQ ofroom temp is on the force because of a relative but I'd like to think that the majority of LE today is more proficiently trained. I know here in MD ... the training is pretty intense. Two of my friends have gone through it and one went on to join SWAT. It is no joke in this state!

Yup... you just keep on liking to think
    "that the majority of LE today is more proficiently trained."
    That always makes it true.:sad20:

Before I get labeled a ball buster understand I'm speaking from experience not what I'd like to believe.:cool: I don't care what agency you single out, there is nepotism, favoritism and cronyism in every single one with people in positions (quite often the most critical) who shouldn't be.

You're probably right about one thing though... we're going to get nowhere with this argument. Stick to the facts that there is no legal requirement to "protect" and the inescapable elements of staffing vs. call volume and distance, which typically trumps the possibility that a cop will arrive before any immediate threat you've called about has ceased. ...assuming you even had time to call 911 and report the incident instead of using that precious time to defend yourself or someone else.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007

Funny you say this, I was having the same thoughts cross my mind too. The same exact thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom