Lawyer for possible breach of contract question?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    looking for someone to help answer some questions and give a quick surface opinion. Short answer needed to see if I’m stuck and wasting my time or if it’s worth a fight. TIA

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Not a lawyer: If this is for home improvement then you have good legal grounds in MD as the home owner.

Back in early 2000's we had a signed contract for someone to improve our home. He was supposed to have a MD contractor license and didn't. He also didn't do any work and took my money. I sat on it too long and ended up having to forfeit the $3,000. I did sue him in civil court, won, but due to the fact he ran the company out of his home I would have had to get a special court order to get the Sheriff to take work-related property out for sale. I decided to cut my losses and consider that the stupid tax. In the prior year had I contacted the Maryland Home Improvement Commission I probably could have gotten criminal charges filed against him for operating as a contractor in MD without a license.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not a lawyer: If this is for home improvement then you have good legal grounds in MD as the home owner.

Back in early 2000's we had a signed contract for someone to improve our home. He was supposed to have a MD contractor license and didn't. He also didn't do any work and took my money. I sat on it too long and ended up having to forfeit the $3,000. I did sue him in civil court, won, but due to the fact he ran the company out of his home I would have had to get a special court order to get the Sheriff to take work-related property out for sale. I decided to cut my losses and consider that the stupid tax. In the prior year had I contacted the Maryland Home Improvement Commission I probably could have gotten criminal charges filed against him for operating as a contractor in MD without a license.
    Huh? Do you know something that the rest of us (i.e., Ammo Jon and me) do not know, like the facts of the matter? Assuming this is a home improvement matter, which it might not be, how do you know he has good legal grounds without knowing the facts and then applying them to the law? Am I missing something? Is there another thread somewhere laying this issue all out?

OP - if you want to run it by me, send me a PM and I will give you my e-mail address where you can lay out what the issue is. Maybe even send me a copy of the contract.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Anyone else watch "Big Bang Theory"? One of the many similar scenes where Penny asks Sheldon, "Why......", and the rest of the guys are of to the side screaming, "NOOOOO.....!!".

(This post is for humor purposes only)

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Don’t want to leave people with blue balls. Luckily for me, I came out on top of this and didnt even need Fabs assistance.

I’ll try and keep it short. On the suggestion from a friend, he said he used Trajector Medical to assist him with his VA claim and they were great. It was pricey, but he said it was worth the money. My first mistake was just taking his word and not looking into it. My initial interactions were good, but then it went south. All calls were directed to a call center in another country. Their “assistance in documentation” was simply sending me a boiler plate form. When I called with questions, they couldn’t answer any and directed me to send an email. No email ever went answered. I finally argued enough on the phone to speak to someone in the US, they were just as unhelpful, telling me I couldn’t break my contract. A little research showed that they appeared to be in violation of some US Code in regards to VA benefits. Apparently they got word Fabs was gonna help me because lo and behold, I got an email today saying my contract was cancelled, account closed, and I had no financial obligation.

I got lucky I think. It’s my own fault for not vetting the company on my own and taking my buddies word on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom