• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well I searched the site and found a few threads on this but I'm a little confused so here goes. I purchased this rifle today, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=272728420 and I was wondering about a launcher of some type for it. From what info I gathered from other threads the 40mm launchers require a stamp of some sort, but what about the 37mm ones? if they are cash and carry, so to speak, does anybody have any recomendations on one that might work on this rifle and not look like something I built out of spare parts.
    I'm sure it will probably not get used much, but I figure WTF I'll spend it on something else I don't need either, or should I just skip it and buy another toy for the safe?

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    A buddy of mine has a standalone havoc launcher. its ok. kinda cool but flares are 10$ a round. not worth it IMHO.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Do you like your hands?
    Do you want to keep them?

If you want a flare launcher just go to West Marine and buy one.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Novelty or recreation of an issue item for historical purpose? Spikes is best net for fun but certainly a novelty imho. The real M203 is pricey. Hand rolling your own rounds is dangerous. Tax stamps. Place to shoot it. I like em but have talked myself out of a Havoc.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    M203 = $6,000 +/- and $200 tax stamp. Dust rounds run $5-25. HE is $2,500 + 200 tax stamp, if you can find it for sale (yes, you can shot it at the Creek).

The M79 is cheaper :)

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    37mm. and all you can get are smoke and flare. there are also firework rounds but you need a permit for those i think.

Alot of people reload their rounds and/or make chalk rounds. It's cheaper but dangerous. You can also get an adapter to fire 12 gauge shotgun flares from a launcher which are less expensive and safer IMHO.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    i have tossed around the idea of getting one of those higher end airsoft launchers for the SGL-21...they look real, made of aluminum and steel not a bunch of craptastic plastic...and you can play around with them for cheap considering their just throwing a bunch of plastic BBs around...i mean...its still kinda lame that its airsoft, but hell...it looks cool, and realistically speaking is that not the only reason you really want one?

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    M203 = $6,000 +/- and $200 tax stamp. Dust rounds run $5-25. HE is $2,500 + 200 tax stamp, if you can find it for sale (yes, you can shot it at the Creek).

The M79 is cheaper :)

You're a bit off on the price of a m203, they run around 1500.00

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    Ditto that on the price. A Colt may run you that but when I last checked (it very well may have changed) you could score one from LMT for $1500 not including your tax stamp or any rounds. LMT is mil contracted for their launchers if I'm not mistaken. I thought about getting one for a Colt 6550 I have...going full heat shield and everything...but I blew the money on a 1911. I always do that because I cannot stand waiting on paperwork!

Just don't get one of those 37mm launchers. I hate those. Its like saying I wanted something cool slung under my AR...but I got this instead. Save and get the full 40mm M203 and some chalk rounds. There are a few good sites out there that sell rounds...pricey...but can you really put a price on fun like that! As for buying the full monty HE rounds...I thought that was the one thing we actually could not buy in MD...Destructive Devices? Might be wrong though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You can buy DDs in MD, as far as I know. The problem with real explosive rounds is that they're a $200 tax stamp each. Not to mention being dangerous as hell, and a huge liability to even own (if something goes wrong, how could it NOT look horrible in court?).

The better question in my mind is "where are you even going to use a launcher?" Forget the personal risk of pulling the trigger on a launcher, where could you even legally fire one around here?

I actually like Nemesis' plan of just using an airsoft launcher if you're just looking for cheap lolz.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Alot of people reload their rounds and/or make chalk rounds. It's cheaper but dangerous. You can also get an adapter to fire 12 gauge shotgun flares from a launcher which are less expensive and safer IMHO.

Be careful with the adapters, adding one that can fire real 12 gauge loads is creation of an AOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom