• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I shot some pics out to some friends who shoot casually, I don't think they appreciate accurracy enough, so I'm going to you guys.

I rebuilt an old HBAR lower I had the foresight to keep, put a Geissele SSA trigger in it. Just put a Larue Stealth 18" upper on it, 1-8 twist, Wylde chamber. Mounted a Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x on Larue cantilever, and AAC 51t brake.

I Spent today at Delmarva Sporting Clays running IMI Mk 262 Mod 1's. It was sub MOA all day. If it crossed an inch, it was my fault. I cut out the best three and kept them, .375", .625", and .5". The upper right is .81". I posted that one cause it consistently shot groups like that with a M4-2k attached. They were about twice as big as unsuppressed.

It's sick accurate. I gotta use it to train myself to get better, I'm pretty sure im holding her back!

I have some Federal Gold Medal 77gr and Black Hills Mk 262 coming, I'm gonna do a side by side comparison.

Sorry, might not be impressive to some, some may think I'm full of poop..., but like I said; so excited I had to brag.

Ps, I always include the gold dollar cause they're 1.04" in diameter. Gives it scale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 444

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    It's a nice optic. Side by side with a Leupold Mk 4 6.5-20 it's every bit as clear, crosshairs are a tad thicker, but the tritium dot is nice and makes up for the thicker line. That's also my first Larue cantilever. I was apprehensive, but it totally fixed the eye relief issues with an AR, leveled out easy, and seems to be working.

Forgot to mention, everything was 5 shot groups. I wrote Larue an excited email. Told them they undersold their accurracy.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I just bought a Leupold. It's really unbelievable, the difference good glass makes.

Congrats again on your new rifle.

MY225

Victoria Vel Servitus
    Jan 8, 2010
    Outstanding indeed. I run the hell out of my LaRue uppers.

Niftyvt,
    "Did you get this recently? I am still waiting for the call for my PredatOBR 308"

LaRue is shipping complete guns to Maryland now?

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Outstanding indeed. I run the hell out of my LaRue uppers.

Niftyvt,
    "Did you get this recently? I am still waiting for the call for my PredatOBR 308"

LaRue is shipping complete guns to Maryland now?

I have had my order in for a couple YEARS. I asked LaRue when the new law dropped and they said they would honor old/outstanding orders. It looks like (from other forums) that they are caught up on back orders but it seems like they have decided to ignore outstanding orders from Maryland because I have gotten zero communications from them besides 'our legal team is working on it' and that was many months ago.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Did you get this recently? I am still waiting for the call for my PredatOBR 308 . . .

I just got the upper on hand maybe a week ago? Took right around 4 weeks from order to door. Apparently they build to order. And on their website it says they won't ship rifles to MD, but I don't know about pre ban orders etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom