Larry Hogan "supports" the second amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    No, but I'd rather be on a floundering ship with plugs in it hull rather than on one with holes in the hull and the captain bailing more water in. Keep your Speedos handy in Nov

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    No, but I'd rather be on a floundering ship with plugs in it hull rather than on one with holes in the hull and the captain bailing more water in. Keep your Speedos handy in Nov

OK so do you think the ship is destined to sink? If so why not just get it over with so the people that keep electing these aholes figure it out.

Dec 31, 2012
    OK so do you think the ship is destined to sink? If so why not just get it over with so the people that keep electing these aholes figure it out.

because it's going to be a very long slow painful death spiral to the bottom

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Would you rather be on a ship with people trying to bail out or bailing in?

I like this mindset.

Have you seen what the end is? It's Detroit on a larger scale. There isn't a magic reset button that will turn Maryland into a red state with a Texas like economy.

Detroit is at rock bottom, and there is no reset, Detroit has not elected hardcore conservatives or anything like that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

:rolleyes:

Ever seen those massive tanker or container ships at the harbor? Like Maryland, they move really slow (15 knots) but take 5 miles to stop at full reverse and maybe 1/2 mile to turn.

But, **** it. Why steer the ship.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    You would have made the same argument for erlich. I hear what you're saying but all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Just like the overall nation with its debt, it has to get really bad before it can get better. I rather it sooner than later.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Sure hope Hogan is as passionate about eliminating Brown as he was about his primary opponents.

Hogan is campaigning hard,follow Change Maryland on Facebook and it seems like he travels to several places around the state every day,he also continues to do radio shows and has repeatedly challenged Brown to debates which Brown will not accept.
    Hogan is running a smart campaign, sticking to his message, not giving Marylands liberal press a whole lot they can savage him on. The press is just waiting for something to latch on to, in Hogans ad calling Brown the most incompetent man in MD, did you notice the press ignored all the facts in the ad and tried to get Hogan on the Brown muscle flexing, some obscure symbol I know nothing about.
    In the last election I don't think Ehrlich wanted to run, seemed to be a half hearted effort. Hogan is putting in real effort to change this state and I hope he succeeds.

Mr H

Banana'd
    You would have made the same argument for erlich. I hear what you're saying but all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Just like the overall nation with its debt, it has to get really bad before it can get better. I rather it sooner than later.

You bring up a good point.

I did say the same about Ehrlich.

There were two main issues, though...

#1... Ehrlich underestimated the ability of the D machine to control the GA, the message, and the public.

#2... He also discovered, too late, the overwhelming apathy in the state (especially as combined with the "Uncle Sugar" mentality in the state's core), and how it became too hard to rouse the public to combat #1

Thus, the malaise we see today among Conservatives

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hogan is campaigning hard,follow Change Maryland on Facebook and it seems like he travels to several places around the state every day,he also continues to do radio shows and has repeatedly challenged Brown to debates which Brown will not accept.
    Hogan is running a smart campaign, sticking to his message, not giving Marylands liberal press a whole lot they can savage him on. The press is just waiting for something to latch on to, in Hogans ad calling Brown the most incompetent man in MD, did you notice the press ignored all the facts in the ad and tried to get Hogan on the Brown muscle flexing, some obscure symbol I know nothing about.
    In the last election I don't think Ehrlich wanted to run, seemed to be a half hearted effort. Hogan is putting in real effort to change this state and I hope he succeeds.

Won't there be a formal gubernatorial debate scheduled sometime (maybe in Sept/Oct)?

Sounds like a lot of popcorn will be sold out for that one.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

because it's going to be a very long slow painful death spiral to the bottom

There is no bottom... the death spiral is the sh*t in the toilet spiraling down the drain. That is a ride I don't want to take as the mismanagement of this state sucks us all down along with the idiots who keep voting for them.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Once again, stuck voting against a candidate. I would love to actually vote FOR someone at some point. There is no doubt hogan is getting my vote, but I wish I could get excited about the prospect.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Once again, stuck voting against a candidate. I would love to actually vote FOR someone at some point. There is no doubt hogan is getting my vote, but I wish I could get excited about the prospect.

What's so lame about him to bring about this mindset? He's doing his thing in a liberal-controlled state and hanging in there.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

There won't be any crash. It will just stay the same wonderful shade of shitty.

The downfall of America won't be Billary, Brown, or any Democrat. The downfall will be people sitting in a bunker with a defeatist attitude not taking any risks because they are afraid to try things and fail. The loss of the risk-taking entrepreneurial spirit is what will bring America down. If Hogan loses I am not going to regret the effort (or the money). I am going to pick up and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom