• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Took some time but it looks like he's making good on that promise here:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...onal-standards-veto-story-20150713-story.html

From his FB page I quote "The bill has multiple flaws, will lead to unintended consequences, and is an ineffective and unnecessary intrusion on personal responsibility and freedom."

Too bad he didn't take that stance with the new regulations regarding legal carry of firearms on county property....

There was a petition circulating in the lobby of my church a couple of weekends ago demanding that the county implement a "healthy snacks" program for vending machines on county property. If I recall correctly at least 75% of the snacks in the machine had to be "healthy" and the healthy ones had to be prominently displayed at eye level with the unhealthy ones on the top and bottom rows. I don't know if this was part of or separate from the initiative he vetoed.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Maybe the federal, state and local governments should concentrate on security and safety, and let Moms and Dads decide what their children can eat.

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    We need to get rid of all Nanny State supporters. I don't need someone in government pretending like they are my mom.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Just heard on the radio driving to work that the Howard County Council is going to vote to override Kittleman's veto of the healthy snacks in vending machines bill. I think they will succeed, because the bill originally had 4 votes in the council and that's the number it takes for an override.

Feb 28, 2013
    We need to get rid of all Nanny State supporters. I don't need someone in government pretending like they are my mom.

But this is what liberals do. They're control freaks.

Unfortunately, here in the Peoples' Repubic, the ones that are too stupid to think for themselves and feel like they need permission from the gooberment to break wind outnumber us normal people. :sad20:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm seriously thinking there's a business opportunity here for someone who wants to put plenty of sugared soda and snack food machines just off of county properties.

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    But this is what liberals do. They're control freaks.

Unfortunately, here in the Peoples' Repubic, the ones that are too stupid to think for themselves and feel like they need permission from the gooberment to break wind outnumber us normal people. :sad20:

I don't know what is worse, a liberal politician or a board member of a Homeowners Association. I just don't understand why people feel the need to control every aspect of other peoples lives. They must have really bad cases of OCD or something. I wish they would get medicated and let everyone else live their lives in peace.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Unfortunately this will get worse not better.

Last week I received a phone call to participate in a survey. Normally I never participate because I always wonder if it's really a call to obtain personal information to be used against me. This time I was feeling curious and decided I could just hang up if it got weird.

The callers first question was to find out my perception and support for Allan K. and the second question was about my perception and support for the county council. They wanted to see if there was sentiment that favored one vs the other and to this was designed to learn if you already knew of the topic.

The following questions were all about the nutritional standards in HOCO and Allan K's veto. But mainly to find out if residents supported the movement.

Very unfairly in my opinion the caller asked in the beginning of the call if I thought sugary diets and drinks lead to childhood diabetes. The call was set up to get you "thinking about the children"

What was REALLY concerning were many of the follow up questions regarding County Council proposed laws. I won't get them all exactly as asked but here is a snapshot.

-Require convenience stores to post signs near sugary drinks that inform you how much exercise you would need to do to work off the drink.

-Add a 2cent tax to sugary drink bottles.

-Require all vending machines in the county (not just county property) to have specific balance of healthy/sugary options. The balance by the way is 75% health, 25% Tasty to Eat

Here is an article about the poll and apparently I'm in the minority.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ph-ho-cf-nutritional-poll-20150729-story.html

The article doesn't talk about the proposed tax or other extreme measures of course.

Feb 28, 2013
    Where would we all be without liberals?

HAPPY, perhaps?

Libs certainly can't allow that. It just ain't fair to the poor folks who are miserable all the time.:rolleyes:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I don't know what is worse, a liberal politician or a board member of a Homeowners Association. I just don't understand why people feel the need to control every aspect of other peoples lives. They must have really bad cases of OCD or something. I wish they would get medicated and let everyone else live their lives in peace.

I'm no psychiatrist, but liberals seem to project their own shortcomings on others. They can't trust themselves with firearms, so they want government to take them away from everyone. If you don't agree you are an extremist. They don't think minorities are intelligent enough to succeed on their own, so they want government to help them with entitlement and affirmative action programs. If you don't agree you're a racist.

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm no psychiatrist, but liberals seem to project their own shortcomings on others. They can't trust themselves with firearms, so they want government to take them away from everyone. If you don't agree you are an extremist. They don't think minorities are intelligent enough to succeed on their own, so they want government to help them with entitlement and affirmative action programs. If you don't agree you're a racist.

I agree completely. That is why they are so worried about people with a CCW freaking out and shooting everyone. They can imagine themselves doing that with the slightest provocation. Luckily for us most of them are hoplophobes and wet themselves whenever they just see a gun.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Howard County loves healthy snacks, especially our former executive- whose legend lives on.

Attachments

• Donut Ulman.jpg
      Donut Ulman.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 79

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Honestly, if I had the time and was looking for a new business opportunity, this is what I would be looking into investing in now. Parked outside Howard County Government buildings at lunchtime. I think I'd do quite well with my "Freedom Food" coach.

a358719bc4a98ced7cda8938bbb00205.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom