• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    I bought a Kimber Pro Carry HD here in Maryland from a FFL in 2010 and it did come with a casing from the factory. Kimber may have changed its policy.

Attachments

• Kimber.jpg
      Kimber.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 60

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Just an update, Kentucky Gun Co. was very responsive, but is presently out of the Kimber I'm looking for. They do not offer a 'fired shell case' service for weapons that don't come with a fired case. I have a line on a NIB "pre owned" Super Pro Carry. We'll see what happens. thanks

Yeah - there not going to do the fired shell case. That has to either come from the factory or be done in MD, by a certified FFL.

Ive heard something that NY may be doing away with the retarded shell case thing, as it is a waste of time, and money, and solved zero crimes. Maybe Maryland will finally wisen up to it.

Its really just a deterant to keep people from buying handguns IMHO.

gsrcrxsi

Jan 15, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    what is the "spirit" of the law for a fired shell case in the first place? i cant seem to figure out why they would even require that. can they forensically match a fired case to a gun? (much like bullet ballistics matching to a gun barrel) if so i didnt know that. or is the reason for this law something totally different?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Gun Shack in Mount Airy is a Kimber dealer. One of the owners is a big Kimber fan. They can get you anything you want.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    what is the "spirit" of the law for a fired shell case in the first place? i cant seem to figure out why they would even require that. can they forensically match a fired case to a gun? (much like bullet ballistics matching to a gun barrel) if so i didnt know that. or is the reason for this law something totally different?

It's to track the fired cases like the do on CSI. That's it.

Unfortunately, in real life things aren't like that. There is no easy way to match an unknown casing to a non-existant database. One can match a case to a partuicular gun, just not an unknow case against unknown guns.

The MSP were funded to maintain these cases. This funding has been cut.

The real purpose is to make it harder to buy guns. I's for the children.

gsrcrxsi

Jan 15, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    sorry if im being dense, but what do you mean by "track"?

ie, hypothetically, you have a gun related crime scene with some casings left behind. were they expecting to match said casings to the gun it came from? with no manditory gun registration?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well clearly the maryland politicians know that only brand spanking new handguns are used in crimes.

and think logically about this, when joey the pimp is selling (or trading) his handgun to guido the kneecapper, having to run out and get a shell casing would put a crimp in things...

you poor marylanders....

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    sorry if im being dense, but what do you mean by "track"?

ie, hypothetically, you have a gun related crime scene with some casings left behind. were they expecting to match said casings to the gun it came from? with no manditory gun registration?

"Look, detective, there are fired shell casings on the ground next to the victim."
    "We'll send them to the Maryland State Police lab. In about 4 minutes, they will be able to track the casing to a specific weapon, ff it was sold in Maryland."
    "Because the gun is registered?"
    "No, but the transfer is recorded"
    "Great, we'll catch the bad guy in no time!"

In reality, the casings are in 55 gallon drums. The MSP would have to track down which warehouse they are stored in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom