• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I have a 14.5 barrel I am looking for a muzzle device for. I am pretty set on Keymo for Dead Air compatibility for a QD mount.

What I can't decide on is the muzzle device. I don't want a big brake with a ton of side concussion. I don't want just a flash hider.
    Any other ideas or something I am overlooking? The first 2 are little longer than needed to get to 16" but without those there are few options unless I want an A2 style like Forward Controls has.

I'm kinda down to these:

1. Blackout Defense Keymo Hybrid. https://blackoutdefense.com/product/keymo-hybrid/
    Hybrid-2.jpg

2. Sons of Liberty GW Nox https://sonsoflibertygw.com/shop/dead-air-key-mount-flash-hdr-1-2x28/
    RRDAADA301__91062.jpg

3. Jmac Customs. I can't tell with their wording for sure if it's Keymo or Keymo and Keymicro or whatever the smaller mount is https://www.jmac-customs.com/360-1-2-28-keymount-keymicro/

D8ACD2EA-1409-444A-9983-254A8302975E__57909.jpg

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Have you looked at the Xeno system also from Dead Air? They have a radial type brake which isn't too obnoxious. There's an A2 version. There's also a xero version which is simply the suppressor mount which will work for >30 caliber stuff.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Have you looked at the Xeno system also from Dead Air? They have a radial type brake which isn't too obnoxious. There's an A2 version. There's also a xero version which is simply the suppressor mount which will work for >30 caliber stuff.

I looked a little. Do you know the practical difference between the two systems? I think somewhere I read that the xeno generally was a little more compact of a design, but that the keymo was more rugged. I definitely saw some minimalist XENo devices.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    You have a dead air can with keymo adapter already or looking for options for 1.375x24 tubes?

Just checking. I changed over 1.375x24 suppressors to Griffen and had to be careful the muzzle devices didn’t extend so far as to hit blast chamber on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    You have a dead air can with keymo adapter already or looking for options for 1.375x24 tubes?

Just checking. I changed over 1.375x24 suppressors to Griffen and had to be careful the muzzle devices didn’t extend so far as to hit blast chamber on one.

You’re talking above my pay grade. So here’s what happened. I got the 14.5 inch BCM barrel and it came with a pinned and welded A2 style muzzle device. The problem was they used a crush washer instead of shims, because there are some suppressors that will work with that A2 style.

Because of the crush washer issue I had the muzzle device removed and now I’m trying to replace that to get back to 16+ inches and later on will add a suppressor so I’m trying to make the decision upfront. It seems like there are enough dead, air, suppressors, compatible size wise to be OK.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’m a fan of dead air. I use their keymo brake adapter but that’s irrelevant because I never shoot the rifles without their cans.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’m a fan of dead air. I use their keymo brake adapter but that’s irrelevant because I never shoot the rifles without their cans.
    This is the way, unless you are trying out new ammo or reloads.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    You’re talking above my pay grade. So here’s what happened. I got the 14.5 inch BCM barrel and it came with a pinned and welded A2 style muzzle device. The problem was they used a crush washer instead of shims, because there are some suppressors that will work with that A2 style.

Because of the crush washer issue I had the muzzle device removed and now I’m trying to replace that to get back to 16+ inches and later on will add a suppressor so I’m trying to make the decision upfront. It seems like there are enough dead, air, suppressors, compatible size wise to be OK.

Gotcha.

The thread pitch I was talking about is the suppressor tube threads. You have options to add some adapters to other brand suppressors. Like dead air makes a keymo that will fit on silencerco. Griffen has one also. So your muzzle devices work across your suppressors. There is just some compatibility limits.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I looked a little. Do you know the practical difference between the two systems? I think somewhere I read that the xeno generally was a little more compact of a design, but that the keymo was more rugged. I definitely saw some minimalist XENo devices.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I ordered the Sons of Liberty 9 hole (9, 12, 3 position) nox. I bought too many guns the past 3 weeks so not likely to get a can too soon but ya never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom