• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Target

si vis pacem para bellum
    Jul 9, 2008
    So I've had my eye on a kel tec SUB-2000 in 9mm, a shop by me said they can order the 9mm to the store in about 3-4 days. Before I jump though it is cash and carry and can buy at 18 correct? Also how can I get my hands on a high cap glock mag for it I know in MD you can't buy or mail here but you can buy out of state and drive it back?

Thanks

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Kel tec are not regulated.

As far as Hi Cap mags > 20 rounds, you have to go out of state to take ownership.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not regulated, nice guns. Mine chokes on UMC primers for some reason but works great with everything else.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    you'll love the Sub2K....mine eater everything even the crappiest ammo I give it and it never fails. I got El Cheapo Asian Glock mags for it too and it eats it up....grab it!

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I have one also in glock 9mm.. and a pile of cheap korean mags.. no failures to date. the little gun was hitting steel @CCJA around 125 yards no problem..

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Hmmmmm

Sounds like a nice little test between a hi-point and a Kel-tec.

next time @CCJA I Will try 200 yards and see how it does.. open sights of course!

Do either of you guys have both the HP and S2K? can we take the challenge??

I like the fact that S2K has Glock, Beretta, SIG or S&W mags and they are inexpensive. I'm yet to find Hi Cap 995 mags under $17.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    This really makes the law regarding regulated firearms look so completely stupid!

Buy a Keltec Sub 2000, and it's not regulated, but a Claridge Hi-Tec C-9 is regulated...

Just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Mark

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I got mine last year, a Glock 9mm magazine version. I just received two 31 round mags for it. I need to test them out after we're done with our move. Recoil is negligable after the first 50 rounds. It's really fun doing double taps with.

Jim

RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    Do either of you guys have both the HP and S2K? can we take the challenge??

I like the fact that S2K has Glock, Beretta, SIG or S&W mags and they are inexpensive. I'm yet to find Hi Cap 995 mags under $17.

I have 2 HP (995) and the S2K... They all shoot great. The cheek slap sucks on the HPs, the S2K is a little short.

Attachments

• carbine.JPG
      carbine.JPG
      57.5 KB · Views: 322

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Just my opinion but if you want a quality pistol caliber carbine look for a Ruger PC9. I had a Hi-Point 4595TS and didn't like the "cheek slap" or the left handed bolt. Of course there is always the Thompson. ;);)

Never fired a S2k so i have no review of it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I saw those on their website... Wasn't sure how much a difference it would make... Also they are currently out of stock. Has anyone used the stock extension? Thoughts?

I'm still waiting on them to come back. And the foam buffer tube cover. And the railed handguards. I know, the accessories cost as much as the rifle!

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom