• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    I was looking at one the other day and found it interesting; I especially liked the fact that it would use the mags from my Glock 22 (.40). I try to keep my “toys” with the same ammo so that is a plus. The fiancée likes to shoot the Beretta carbine but that is a bit pricy, so I was thinking of this as a good alternative. Plus I like how it folds, easy to fit in a back pack for my week long hikes.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Likes dislikes etc.? Would you buy one?

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I have an older one that matches up with my glock.

It was an impulse buy for me a few years back. I wasn't expecting much from it when I took it to the range, but with even with the crappy sights, it is a decent shooter.

I can hold 2 1/2 inch groups at 50yrds - slow fire (NRA range). I had to buy the butt stock extension to be able to shoulder it better.

I have read that they have improved the front sight and that there are more aftermarket products for it out there now.

For me it is worth the $325.00 that I paid for it.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I've shot a few 9mm subs.....IMO they're a little less accurate than either the Beretta carbine or the High Point carbine, but they're fun to shoot, and the ones I shot were 100% reliable.

The High point is deadly accurate and reliable, but you're limited to 10 round mags and the ever so rare 15 round mag which doesn't rate so highly.

The Keltecs come in Glock, S&W and I think Beretta mag configurations so decent sized mags are always available.

And the price difference is pretty substantial between the Storm and the Sub2000

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Another fun thing about the Sub-2ks is that Kel-Tec makes some nice little accessories for them. They just released a quad rail (non-free-floating, but given its accuracy, who cares?), and they've always had a nice little folding sight rail. (Not to mention the weird little extra mag holder you can screw into the stock!)

Combine that with a nice price and excellent warranty, and it's hard to complain too much about it. Only real problem is the availability of non-Glock-magazine Sub-2000s...

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    mine was cash and carry. I can honestly say, it was the best deal that I ever had at Atlantic Guns.

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    I've seen the .40 In a few shops locally, in fact I went into buy one last month but walked out with an DTI-15.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I asked about the 9mm at Gun Connection...seems like it's an issue about Kel-Tec sending shell cases.

...so, Atlantic Guns, eh?

I bought mine 4 years ago

The last time that I saw one at Atlantic, it was well over 400 bucks, maybe even closer to 500.

For that money, I don't think that I would buy one. I would probably buy one of those uppers from glockmeister or a High Point and a case of ammo.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I bought mine 4 years ago

The last time that I saw one at Atlantic, it was well over 400 bucks, maybe even closer to 500.

For that money, I don't think that I would buy one. I would probably buy one of those uppers from glockmeister or a High Point and a case of ammo.

400-500 bucks, OUCH! Since I didn't think I could get one here I was shopping for the Hi-Point 995...I think I'll go back to that. Maybe keep and eye out for the sub2000 that are second hand.

As to a, glock uppper, that's a whole area of building a gun I'm so not ready for. I only just bought a book on reloading. Building a gun is way off in my future. Just for sh*ts and giggles, though, where would I begin that journey? Site? Book? Club?

Edit: Did a search for "glock uppper"...damn if "glockmister" isn't a real bona fide site! Who knew?! I think I'll take it from here, thanks.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    fyi - this was at Atlantic Guns, you would probably be able to find one much cheaper somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom